D

Deuce

18 Sheldon Richardson DT Mizzou
47 Travis Frederick C/G Wisconsin
80 D.J. Swearinger S South Carolina
114 Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
151 Alvin Bailey G Arkansas
185 Quincy McDuffie WR/KR UCF

Then obviously we should sign Winston that weekend as the hole wasnt filled.

Carp

DCC 4Life
In this mock scenario the Cowboys move down with SF in the first round...we trade 18 to SF for 31, 61, and 237. SF moves up for Vaccaro or a surprise pick in Eifert.

31 Alec Ogletree, OLB, UGA--BPA. Not a "need" pick, but we need to build depth at OLB and the guy is a supreme talent that would have gone higher without the off field issues.
47 Larry Warford, OG, UK--Slotted in at RG from day one, not the mold of OL we are going for now, but athletic enough to fit in.
61 Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU--Another value pick here, much needed pass rusher.
80 DJ Swearinger, FS, SC--Possible starter day one, brings some swag.
114 Akeem Spence, DT, Ill--Would have like to have gone DT earlier, but the board played out this way. Spence is solid.
151 Jordan Mills, OT, La Tech--Played LT in college, but a switch to RT seems like the right move.
185 Jawan Jamison, RB, Rut--Smaller back that would be a nice change of pace to Murray.
237 Levine Toilolo, TE, Stan--Huge target and solid blocker

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In this mock scenario the Cowboys move down with SF in the first round...we trade 18 to SF for 31, 61, and 237.
Assuming your trade which I like I would go...

31 Kawann Short DT 6'3" 300 lb man that racked up 7 sacks last year in the Big Ten. Was an absolute beast for teams to play against.
47 Larry Warford, OG, Big dude that moves surprisingly well.
61 Travis Fredrick OC, Good sized center that can probably play guard as well.
80 Eric Reid S, might be my favorite safety in this draft right now. He is a complete package in my opinion.
114 Corey Lemonier DE, We need some future talent at DE. Probably needs to add about 10 pounds to his frame but I think he could be an excellent backup to Ware as a rookie.
151 Johnathan Franklin RB, we do need a reliable second string RB and he supposedly has a tremendous work ethic. May rub off on some of our other players.
185 Marquise Goodwin WR, shot in the dark at a WR with top notch speed to take the top off defenses. Doesn't have the big stats to back it up as a receiver but that's why he is available at this pick.
237 Sean Renfree QB, my sleeper pick at QB in this draft. I think he has everything it takes to stick around awhile in the NFL even if he never becomes a starter.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would bet a vast sum of money that neither Reid or Franklin would last that long.

They both might be gone before 47, let alone 80 and 151 which is completely ridiculous for Franklin.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I was going to mention that, but CRock worked hard on that.

:tippytoe

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would bet a vast sum of money that neither Reid or Franklin would last that long.

They both might be gone before 47, let alone 80 and 151 which is completely ridiculous for Franklin.
Swearinger is ranked higher then Reid according to Scouts Inc. and Carp took him at that pick... I would have no problem taking Reid in the second round either to be totally fair. Still if he is the fifth best safety in the draft I don't think it is a stretch to think he makes it to the third round.

Franklin you are probably right, but then again RBs fall on draft day. If it isn't Franlin it will be another RB. Hell there will probably be a RB that is still there in the sixth that people are scratching their heads wondering why he is still available. If it makes you feel better take Stepfan Taylor with that pick.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not sure who you are referring to, wish we had some archives.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just to be a little realistic I'm not going to give us Warmack/Cooper/Richardson in the 1st since that would obviously be ideal.

18. DJ Fluker, OT Alabama
47. Jonathan Cyprien, S Florida International
80. Alex Okafor, DE Texas
114. Akeem Spence, DT Illinois
151. Mike Gillislee, RB Florida
185. AJ Klein, LB Iowa St.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just to be a little realistic I'm not going to give us Warmack/Cooper/Richardson in the 1st since that would obviously be ideal.

18. DJ Fluker, OT Alabama
47. Jonathan Cyprien, S Florida International
80. Alex Okafor, DE Texas
114. Akeem Spence, DT Illinois
151. Mike Gillislee, RB Florida
185. AJ Klein, LB Iowa St.
I had totally forgotten about Okafor. He is a solid DE prospect who I really like. Overall I would be pretty happy with that draft.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I had totally forgotten about Okafor. He is a solid DE prospect who I really like. Overall I would be pretty happy with that draft.
He's not a quick-twitch, explosive type of edge rusher the NFL craves but I think he could be a very solid strong-side DE who can hold the edge while also giving you 6 or so sacks a year, I'd even be ok with him in the 2nd.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's not a quick-twitch, explosive type of edge rusher the NFL craves but I think he could be a very solid strong-side DE who can hold the edge while also giving you 6 or so sacks a year, I'd even be ok with him in the 2nd.
That's my thought as well. Not all that different then what Greg Ellis was (Without the bitchiness). He might get 10 sacks in a season once or twice but in general he will be more of a complimentary end to your dominant pass rusher at RE. It's exactly what I look for a in a second/third round DE.

Also reminds me a bit of Tony Brackens.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
So, an Alex Brown or a Brian Robison?

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
I'm going with the assumption that Warmack, Cooper, Richardson and Vacarro are all gone.

18) D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
47) Eric Reid, S, LSU
80) Bennie Logan, DT, LSU
114) Le'veon Bell, RB, Michigan St.
151) Oday Aboushi, G, Virginia
185) Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon

Top Bottom