2013 Schedule Release Chatter

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The schedule is pretty balanced. Nice.

Other than a stretch of 3 of 4 games on the road between mid-October to early-November.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I had a feeling they'd make us open up on Sunday Night again but I thought it would be against the Redskins.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It does look favorable.

We just aren't very good until that OL gets fixed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We got a pretty decent schedule to start.

The Giants will be tough, but we follow that up with @ Chiefs, home for Rams and @ Chargers.

That's a very favorable September schedule, IMO, and a real good shot to head into October with at least 3 wins, but with this team, they could go 2-2 and it wouldn't surprise me.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Not bad overall. My only complaints are I hate having to play at Washington in late December. Also noticed the Redskins have their bye week the week before their first meeting against us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not bad overall. My only complaints are I hate having to play at Washington in late December. Also noticed the Redskins have their bye week the week before their first meeting against us.
Overall, I don't see much to complain about.

No back to back road games is outstanding.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I just noticed that for a second year in a row the 49ers and Packers will play each other in Week 1.

Kind of a weird coincidence considering they aren't divisional rivals. Plus that's a game that you'd think the NFL would try to slide into a prime time slot.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Compared to most seasons, that MNF schedule isn't bad.

There's about 8 or 9 solid games on that list for this year alone. I don't know that they had 8 or 9 solid games in the previous 2 years combined.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I just noticed that for a second year in a row the 49ers and Packers will play each other in Week 1.

Kind of a weird coincide considering they aren't divisional rivals. Plus that's a game that you'd think the NFL would try to slide into a prime time slot.
Kinda lame for them to have them play in the same exact week, time, and location as last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If you watch the NFLN, they are running down each teams full schedule and making predictions.

They just gave the Redskins a 8-8 record.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If you watch the NFLN, they are running down each teams full schedule and making predictions.

They just gave the Redskins a 8-8 record.
I can see that.

RG3 isn't going to be 100% for a while and their defense wasn't very good last year. They got a couple of lucky bounces last year and those things can be the difference between 8 wins and 10 wins.

If they don't make any significant additions between now and when the season starts, I can definitely see them missing the playoffs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Is it just me or does it seem like every since the NFL went to the double-header Monday night game in week 1, the second game has always involved an AFC West team.

I don't recall an NFC West teams being matched up or hosting that second game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can see that.

RG3 isn't going to be 100% for a while and their defense wasn't very good last year. They got a couple of lucky bounces last year and those things can be the difference between 8 wins and 10 wins.

If they don't make any significant additions between now and when the season starts, I can definitely see them missing the playoffs.
I absolutely see them missing the playoffs.

As much as we bitch about our roster, they are even farther from being a balanced roster, offensively and defensively.

Not having a first rounder of course will kill them....I don't give a eff how good Griffin is.

Top Bottom