2013 Schedule Release Chatter

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It would be nice if the NFL schedule makers finally cut us a break for once.

Since 2002, the Cowboys have played only 2 home openers, the fewest in the NFL during that span. On top of the fact that the Cowboys keep playing on the road to start, they always seem to do so against a difficult opponent.

Here are the last 10 season openers for the Cowboys: (Teams in bold were coming off playoff appearances)

2003 vs Falcons
2004 @ Vikings
2005 @ Chargers
2006 @ Jaguars
2007 vs Giants
2008 @ Cleveland (Did not make playoffs previous season due to tiebreaker, but did finish 10-6)
2009 @ Buccaneers
2010 @ Redskins
2011 @ Jets
2012 @ Giants

Of those 10 opponents, 6 were coming off of playoff appearances and only the 2004 Vikings and 2010 Redskins were coming off of losing seasons. The Browns and Buccaneers were coming off of winning seasons albeit not playoff appearances.

Any chance that the league gives us a noon home kickoff vs the Raiders to start? :art

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Eh, that's 6 on the road and 4 at home, my main gripe is that since the NFL started this "all divisional matchups on the final weekend" thing the Cowboys are the only team in the NFC East not to finish the season with a home game. If we finish this season again with a divisional road game it will be ridiculously unfair.

I also did not realize that our last 3 openers have been the Sunday night game or the Thursday season opener.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think we end up on the road against Philly, Chicago, or KC.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Eh, that's 6 on the road and 4 at home, my main gripe is that since the NFL started this "all divisional matchups on the final weekend" thing the Cowboys are the only team in the NFC East not to finish the season with a home game. If we finish this season again with a divisional road game it will be ridiculously unfair.

I also did not realize that our last 3 openers have been the Sunday night game or the Thursday season opener.
No, it's 8 on the road at 2 at home.

And yes, that season finale thing is another one where we haven't been cut any breaks.

I wonder if Jerry has bothered bringing this to the league's attention?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd actually love to play Denver early in the year so they don't have a rhythm offensively yet.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
No, it's 8 on the road at 2 at home.

And yes, that season finale thing is another one where we haven't been cut any breaks.

I wonder if Jerry has bothered bringing this to the league's attention?
I just looked at the bold, 8 out of 10 is ridiculous in that case.

And it's been leaked that the Ravens/Broncos will be the opener, that's set up for the Ravens to get shithoused.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I just looked at the bold, 8 out of 10 is ridiculous in that case.

And it's been leaked that the Ravens/Broncos will be the opener, that's set up for the Ravens to get shithoused.
Exactly.

Think about it - 8 of our last 10 openers have been on the road including our last 5 in a row. Hell, if you wanna throw 2002 in there as well, then 9 of our last 11 have been on the road.

If that wasn't bad enough, our last 6 finales have been: @Redskins, @Eagles, vs Eagles, @Eagles, @Giants, @Redskins.

I think we're more than due to both start and finish a game at home.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
BTW, about Ravens/Broncos?

Did they say if that was at home or on the road? There were initial rumors that the Ravens would have to start on the road due to other events in the area going on at the same time.

To that I say, bullshit. The champ has earned the right to start at home since they went to this recent format of opening the season on Thursday.

If they moved the Giants/Cowboys game up a day, then I don't see why they can't do the same for the Ravens so they can play at home.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
BTW, about Ravens/Broncos?

Did they say if that was at home or on the road? There were initial rumors that the Ravens would have to start on the road due to other events in the area going on at the same time.

To that I say, bullshit. The champ has earned the right to start at home since they went to this recent format of opening the season on Thursday.

If they moved the Giants/Cowboys game up a day, then I don't see why they can't do the same for the Ravens so they can play at home.
It's in Denver, I agree that it's bullshit.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It was due to the Orioles being in the middle of a series...I can't say I blame MLB for not moving their games.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It was due to the Orioles being in the middle of a series...I can't say I blame MLB for not moving their games.
I realize that but the league moved up the game last year to a Wednesday night, there's no reason they couldn't do that here seeing as how the Orioles are on the road on September 4th.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I realize that but the league moved up the game last year to a Wednesday night, there's no reason they couldn't do that here seeing as how the Orioles are on the road on September 4th.
There you go.

The defending champ deserves to start at home and celebrate the title with their fans.

I would be pissed if I were a Ravens fan and they made the team start on the road.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think it is that big a deal. They'll be able to celebrate the week after...them being Super Bowl champs is not going to go away after week one.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

This is my biggest concern as well. I'm tired of seeing the Cowboys have to finish up the season on the road against a rabid rival fan base. It would be nice if we finally had one of those "win or go home" games in our own backyard.

They'd probably still choke, but still.....

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd rather have a home closer than opener...last years Giants win was one fo the more enjoyable wins in recent years.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is my biggest concern as well. I'm tired of seeing the Cowboys have to finish up the season on the road against a rabid rival fan base. It would be nice if we finally had one of those "win or go home" games in our own backyard.

They'd probably still choke, but still.....
It wasn't necessarily win or go home in 2009 against the Eagles but it was for the division, so that was something.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It wasn't necessarily win or go home in 2009 against the Eagles but it was for the division, so that was something.
Right, but that's the only one in our last 6 finales that we've played at home.

That's not very balanced or fair.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Didn't they ask the Orioles to move the game from the evening to the afternoon. I don't see why that was a big issue for the Orioles. Maybe I'm looking at it too simplistically.

MLB is always reworking and reshuffling their schedule to work around weather. So I fail to see why this would be any different.

I'd LMAO if it rained on the Thursday in Baltimore and the Orioles had to cancel anyway.

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
It wasn't just the Orioles, the White Sox and MLB had to agree as well.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It wasn't just the Orioles, the White Sox and MLB had to agree as well.
I understand, but as I mentioned in my previous post, MLB is constantly tweaking and adjusting their schedule throughout the year as they work around weather. Something could have been worked out, IMO.

On the surface it appears that MLB was just being a dick about this.

Top Bottom