Archer: Dez Bryant fined

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Source: Dez Bryant fined
Updated: September 25, 2013, 11:09 AM ET
By Todd Archer | ESPN.com

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was fined $7,875 for a throat-slash penalty following his touchdown catch in last Sunday's 31-7 win against the St. Louis Rams, a source told ESPN.com.

Bryant apologized Monday for his unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after his customary "X" signal when he scored. He also said he would appeal any fine.

"I shouldn't have done it anyway," Bryant said Monday. "I never put anything with the X. Do the X and go on."

Bryant, 24, has 17 catches for 201 yards and two touchdowns over the first three games this season.

There has been no word whether defensive tackle Jason Hatcher was fined for his roughing-the-passer penalty on Sam Bradford, or a fine on cornerback Orlando Scandrick for hitting Bradford high.

Stupid.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Imagine what the NFL would do if a team did a celebration like this:

They'd probably suspend the participants for the entire year with as lame as this league has become.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Soccer is about as gay as they come.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The throat slash thing is something Church has done too.

I am all for celebrating, just don't do ones that could GASP! scare the children.

Newt

DCC 4Life
When I first saw it I didn't think it was a throat slash, i saw it as more of a "not up in here" type motion.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We all know the NFL is petty about these sort of things. Hell, they fine people $5K just for wearing their socks too high.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
When I first saw it I didn't think it was a throat slash, i saw it as more of a "not up in here" type motion.
That's why I think it's a stupid fine. It wasn't even a throat slash. It was more of a "cut that out it ain't happening" type of thing.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Imagine what the NFL would do if a team did a celebration like this:

They'd probably suspend the participants for the entire year with as lame as this league has become.
:lol Greatest celebration ever.

data

Forbes #1
WHy would he get fined? He already got the 15-yard penalty.

F it. Fines for false starts.

Top Bottom