Hill: Ware gets sack record; Jones brings up old bet with Parcells

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ware gets sack record; Jones brings up old bet with Parcells, a private plane and significant other

DeMarcus Ware because the Cowboys all-time leading sacker on Sunday, recording two sacks against the Rams to give him 115 for his career.

He surpassed the late Harvey Martin who had 114.

Owner and general manager Jerry Jones used the occasion to bring up a little bet he had with former coach Bill Parcells after the Cowboys drafted Ware with the 11th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft.

"I will never forget Bill Parcells and I had made a bet when we drafted him and had a little fun with it," Jones said. "I think of it every time I think of his number of sacks. I can't say that it's unexpected because of how hard he works and his talent level and just his competitiveness. It doesn't surprise me at all."

What Jones is not saying is that he selected Ware against Parcells' wishes with the blank pick. Parcells preferred to LSU defensive end Marcus Spears with the pick. The Cowboys ended up getting Spears with the 18th overall pick.

Spears, who signed with the Raves in the off season, never lived up to his draft selection while Ware has already cemented a place as one of the greatest Cowboys of all-time.

Jones will always have that moment over Parcells if he never cashed on the curious bet with his former coach that involved a private jet and a signifcant other.

"We had a bet that if he didn't average so many sacks over the first five years then he got five rides a year on his G5 airplane," Jones said. "So I said if does average more than that...I get to go with his significant other but doesn't get to go."

Too much information?

Clarence Hill

The illiterate Hill is trying to say that the bet was if Parcells wins he gets to take Jerry's G5 for 5 rides a year, and if Jerry wins he gets to take Parcells wife on a trip in his G5 without Parcells going.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Jerry gets to fuck Parcells lady. Nice.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am guessing Teh J was sloshed. That's just something I am sure wasn't intended to be publicly revealed. I am sure the Tuna really appreciates it.

Top Bottom