DOMA Struck Down

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Bigots everywhere scream in horror. LMAO

SCOTUS also refused to take up Prop 8 making gay marriage legal again in California.

townsend

Banned
I hope this ties the hands of the military, they were leaning on that to screw gay military spouses out of benefits.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's a state issue so that's fine.

But marriage should not be recognized by the government, period.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd never screw a gay military spouse.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I hope this ties the hands of the military, they were leaning on that to screw gay military spouses out of benefits.
The military was already on board. They sent out info about a month ago saying that same-sex partners in the military were eligible for all the benefits of traditional couples.

townsend

Banned
The military was already on board. They sent out info about a month ago saying that same-sex partners in the military were eligible for all the benefits of traditional couples.
Wow. That's remarkably forward thinking for the armed forces. I retract my bitter assertion.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Rand Paul: On Gay Marriage GOP Needs to ‘Agree to Disagree’

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., told ABC News he believes the Supreme Court ruling on the Defense of Marriage Act was appropriate, and that the issue should be left to the states. He praised Justice Anthony Kennedy for avoiding “a cultural war.”

“As a country we can agree to disagree,” Paul said today, stopping for a moment to talk as he walked through the Capitol. “As a Republican Party, that’s kind of where we are as well. The party is going to have to agree to disagree on some of these issues.”

The comments from Paul, a likely GOP presidential candidate in 2016, highlight how the party’s field could divide over gay marriage. Many Republicans have been unusually muted in their reactions to the Supreme Court rulings today.

Paul said he agreed with Kennedy, whom he called “someone who doesn’t just want to be in front of opinion but wants government to keep up with opinion.” He said Kennedy “tried to strike a balance.”

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I concur with this position. I have no problem with rights of the gay community. Where I do have a problem is for someone to tell me that I cannot have a position to think the gay lifestyle is unacceptable to me.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I concur with this position. I have no problem with rights of the gay community. Where I do have a problem is for someone to tell me that I cannot have a position to think the gay lifestyle is unacceptable to me.
:buddy

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That hug is kinda awkward.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Gay.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
To say those graphics are symbolizing a fag on his knees is ridiculous. I'm by no means taking sides on this because I think everyone has the right to live as they please, but that is a huge reach.... around.

:unsure

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I hate the religious right in this country.

Not Christians, mind you... but the Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannity religious right that screams about freedom but has no idea what it really means. You can believe in your God and I'm okay with that, but stop trying to legislate the rest of us based on your dopey fairy tales.

Top Bottom