Cowboys at Lions | Week 8 Game Day Chatter Thread | 10/27/2013

data

Forbes #1
I just came back from a walk around the block.

When I saw 1:07 on the clock, I knew the Lions would win and it won't bother me if someone just tells me what happened as opposed to having to watch that disgrace myself.

If there is one thing I've learned from the Tony Romo era Cowboys, it's that NO TEAM in all of my years of watching football have mastered the art of finding ways to lose games like these guys.

So glad I didn't see it.
Bravo

Stars

DCC 4Life
So that goes for even if they decline it?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The clock always stops on penalties. It was 4th down so we either had to kick a FG or gone for it on 4th and 5.
I knew it stopped on penalties but I thought it would restart at some point before the snap.

D

Deuce

488 passing yards.

Tell me about how kick ass our secondary is.
It was fine vs anyone not named Cal. Honestly I don't know what the deal was. They let Carr have him man all day with little help and never adjusted.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Absolutely the worst loss in recent memory...even when Billick was talking about how thks was a win for us I knew we still had a great chanceto lose. Terrible.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It was fine vs anyone not named Cal. Honestly I don't know what the deal was. They let Carr have him man all day with little help and never adjusted.
They bought into the idea that Carr was Deion Sanders part 2 after a couple solid weeks against Philly and Washington.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
80 yards in 50 seconds...

NO timeouts

Just another day at the office for the Cowboys

data

Forbes #1
In the Cowboys' defense there was no way we're winning today.

1. We've already won two straight
2. Eagles lost
3. Rule of 10 - We were "only" up by 10 points in the 4th quarter. 10-point lead is damn near automatic loss for these Cowboys.
4. This is who we are

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Seriously, just kneel on it 3 fucking times and keep the clock running. No penalties then, clock just runs. Stupid clock management. I could care less about getting a first down. I was saying it while they kept running thinking more of a fumble than a penalty. Gave away a game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm not enjoying the loss.

My agenda is winning, and to do that you have to recognize what the problem is. So I like to point it out over and over again.
And we can point it out, over and over again, how the head coach is responsible.

GO FUCK YOURSELF AND YOUR BOYFRIEND.

data

Forbes #1
I knew it stopped on penalties but I thought it would restart at some point before the snap.
Otherwise we could just do something asinine like line up 50 people on offense and run around play after play, bleeding the clock between snaps.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm not enjoying the loss.

My agenda is winning, and to do that you have to recognize what the problem is. So I like to point it out over and over again.
Enjoy it. You won. Good for you.

First thing out of your mouth is about the secondary...yeah, the loss was not the most important thing to you. Be honest at least.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Absolutely the worst loss in recent memory...even when Billick was talking about how thks was a win for us I knew we still had a great chanceto lose. Terrible.
It is a very bad loss.

And one, that if you have a real brain, goes on the O and especially the head coach in charge of it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Seriously, just kneel on it 3 fucking times and keep the clock running. No penalties then, clock just runs. Stupid clock management. I could care less about getting a first down. I was saying it while they kept running thinking more of a fumble than a penalty. Gave away a game.
You can't fault them for running the ball three times. You wanted to get closer for a FG.

IMO it was dumber for Tanner to bounce it outside. Should have been instructed to just get to the middle of the field to line up for the FG. Poor player instruction.

Top Bottom