Report: Pats TE questioned in probe

Carp

DCC 4Life
MIAMI — New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, already connected to a homicide victim in Massachusetts, is being sued in South Florida by a man claiming Hernandez shot him in the face after they argued at a strip club.

The lawsuit filed late Wednesday by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley comes as police in New England investigate the death of 27-year-old semi-pro player Odin Lloyd. Lloyd’s body was found in an industrial park near Hernandez’s home in North Attleborough, Mass. Lloyd’s family has said he had some connection to Hernandez but would not elaborate.

In his federal lawsuit seeking at least $100,000 in damages, Bradley claims he and Hernandez were with a group in February at Tootsie’s club in Miami when the two got into an argument. Later, as they were driving to Palm Beach County, Bradley claims Hernandez shot him with a handgun, causing him to lose his right eye.

Bradley, who is from Connecticut, also suffers from jaw pain, headaches, permanent injury to his right hand and arm and will probably need further surgery, according to the lawsuit. He has already undergone facial reconstruction surgery and has plates and screws in the right side of his face.

Bradley “will require extensive medical care and treatment for the rest of his life,” the four-page lawsuit says.

Bradley did not mention Hernandez in a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office report at the time. Bradley, found shot and bleeding Feb. 13 in an alley behind a John Deere store, insisted to investigators he did not know who shot him and gave only a vague description of possible assailants. A store employee found Bradley after hearing a shot outside, but the store’s video surveillance system wasn’t working.

Hernandez’s lawyer did not immediately respond Thursday to an email seeking comment about the lawsuit. The lawsuit does not mention how Hernandez and Bradley are acquainted.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Have you been out of touch over the last couple days? Wondering what is going on with all this Aaron Hernandez stuff? No problem, here’s a review of the known facts.

1. The body of a man was discovered by a jogger early Monday evening in an industrial park. The body, found less than a mile from Aaron Hernandez’s house, was identified as Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who had been dating the sister of Hernandez’s fiancee. Lloyd was shot in the head.

2. Police discovered a Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island license plates, rented from Enterprise. The rental was tied to Hernandez.

3. A Boston TV station is reporting the Bristol County DA is searching for a silver mirror cover from the rental car connected to the death.

4. FOX 25 in Boston is reporting that Hernandez, Lloyd and two other men were seen together at a bar on the night of Lloyd’s death. A source said three men returned to Hernandez’s home at the end of the night, but Lloyd was not with them.

5. Massachusetts State Police questioned Hernandez on Tuesday at his home. Police arrived just before 5 p.m. EDT and left at 10. Hernandez was not considered a suspect at the time.

6. Police returned to Hernandez’s house on Wednesday but did not elaborate on what they did there. However, at least seven state troopers searched both sides of the road just off the street where Hernandez lives.

7. Hernandez traveled to Gillette Stadium (home of the Patriots) on Thursday morning, while news choppers followed to every move. He left shortly before Noon, stopping for gas. He was swarmed by reporters.

8. Police plan to return to Hernandez’s house on Thursday with another search warrant. The warrant is based on evidence that Hernandez destroyed his home security system. He also presented his cell phone to investigators “in pieces.”

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The fact that the guy was dating the sister of Hernadez's girlfriend opens up all kinds of possibilities. Was the victim and his GF fighting and somehow Hernandez got involved? Shit like that...lots of people could be in trouble for this. Destrying his cell phone and getting his house cleaned the morning after is suspicious as well.
It's more than suspicious, it's practically a smoking gun.

Unfortunately it's not proof.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Reports about Hernandez background piling up

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 20, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT

With more and more reports about Aaron Hernandez’s potential involvement in a murder investigation, the stories about his previous brushes with the law are only building.

And with everyone looking, anything he’s done is bound to come out.

Sports Illustrated mentioned that several NFL teams were concerned about potential gang related activity by some of Hernandez’s associates prior to the draft. That talk, even if it never advanced beyond rumors, likely contributed to his draft stock falling as much or more than reported failed drug tests in college.

Now, there’s another report that he was connected to a shooting in Florida while he was in college, though no charges were filed.

According to Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel, Hernandez and three other Gators players were questioned about a shooting the night after a 2007 game. He refused to comment on it while he was a student.

That report also notes a juvenile arrest for an altercation at campus hangout called The Swamp, for which he received deferred prosecution.

Neither of those incidents necessarily have anything to do with his current situation.

But they add brushstrokes to the portrait of a player that’s looking much different than it looked a week ago.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Funny you say that because that's exactly the situation that I thought of.

He may not have killed anyone, but I do think he at least pulled a Ray Lewis and tried covering it up for his buddies.
That SOB is certainly trying to cover his tracks. I'll be surprised if he plays this year at all.

Funny how 12 months ago the TE position was a position of strength for the Patriots. They had an embarrassment of riches at the position compared to all the other teams. Now with Gronk likely starting the season on PUP and Hernandez likely being tied up in a criminal case, they'll be hurting for production from the TE position. Also, factor in the drop-off in talent at WR and you have to wonder what that NE offense will look like this fall.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Hernandez neighbors heard gunshots early Monday

Posted by Mike Florio on June 20, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT

It’s been a fluid situation over the past three days for Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez. The problem is that the fluid hasn’t been flowing in a positive direction for the player.

The latest development comes from FOX 25, which reports that neighbors heard gunshots early Monday morning. Per FOX 25, video shows Hernandez and two other men walking into his house “within minutes” after the shots were heard.

FOX 25 reports that the shots were heard by neighbors between 3:00 and 3:30 a.m. ET on Monday, but that they didn’t report the noise to police at the time.

Also, FOX 25 confirms that the hard drive attached to Hernandez’s video surveillance system was “heavily damaged” when police arrived at the home. ABC has reported that Hernandez’s cell phone and surveillance system had been damaged.

Earlier today, SI.com reported that Hernandez “likely” will be arrested. It’s unclear what he would be charged with at this point. Even if he’s not charged with killing 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, whose body was found Monday in an industrial park roughly a mile from Hernandez’s house, Hernandez could face a variety of potential charges, from accessory to obstruction of justice.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Massachusetts State Police issued an arrest warrant Friday for New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez for obstruction of justice in connection with a homicide investigation, ABC News reported.

The warrant, first reported by WBZ NewsRadio 1030 and citing an anonymous law enforcement source, was issued after police discovered that the security system at Hernandez's home, along with his cellphone, were destroyed, sources told ABC News.

Police were at Hernandez's home again Thursday with another search warrant based on evidence that Hernandez "destroyed his home security system," an investigator close to the case told ABC News.

The investigator and other law enforcement sources confirmed the security system was smashed intentionally. Hernandez's cellphone was handed over to investigators "in pieces" by his attorneys, sources added.

Surveillance video from the North Attleborough, Mass., neighborhood of Hernandez shows him with Odin Lloyd and two other people hours before Lloyd was killed earlier this week, sources confirmed to ABC News late Thursday.

In addition, the Boston Globe reported that video images appear to show Hernandez and Lloyd together on Fayston Street in Boston early Monday morning.

Hernandez, 23, has been at the center of the investigation since the body of Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-pro football player, was found shot in the back of the head Monday in an industrial park near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough.

Hernandez has not been ruled out as a suspect in the murder, law enforcement sources told ABC earlier Thursday.

Police also want to know why a team of house cleaners was hired on Monday to scrub Hernandez's mansion, sources told ABC News.

Police say Lloyd was dating the sister of the mother of Hernandez's daughter.

Meanwhile, a lawsuit has been refiled in Florida against Hernandez by a man the tight end allegedly shot in South Florida in February. The lawsuit contends Alexander S. Bradley was shot in the arm but the bullet traveled to his head, causing him to lose his right eye.

Video footage by a WCVB-TV chopper showed Hernandez traveling by car to Gillette Stadium on Thursday morning. He left the stadium shortly after noon, then was swarmed by reporters after he stopped at a gas station.

The Boston Herald reported that Hernandez was told to leave the stadium by staff, who were waiting for him when he showed up for a workout. Patriots spokesperson Stacey James told the newspaper that he had no idea why Hernandez came to the stadium.

"No coaches are here," said James, who declined further comment to the Herald.

With the latest news about Aaron Hernandez and Adam Jones, Robert Flores examines the impact of off field distractions on the locker room with Mark Schlereth and Duane Brown.

Lloyd's body was discovered in a clearing near John Dietsch Boulevard, not far from a vehicle that had been rented by Hernandez. Police have ruled Lloyd's death a homicide.

"It has been widely reported in the media that the state police have searched the home of our client, Aaron Hernandez, as part of an ongoing investigation. Out of respect for that process, neither we nor Aaron will have any comment about the substance of that investigation until it has come to a conclusion," attorney Michael Fee said in a statement.

Police are asking for the public's help in locating a silver mirror cover believed to have been broken off a vehicle and might be visible along a route of travel between Dorchester, where Lloyd was from, and North Attleborough.

The NFL is not commenting on the Hernandez situation at this point, a league official told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. But the NFL is monitoring developments, as it would in any matter of this nature.

Bradley, the man who claims he was shot by Hernandez after the two argued upon leaving a Miami nightclub in February, is represented by New York attorney David Jaroslawicz.

Asked whether he has a police report of the incident, Jaroslawicz declined to provide information. According to USA Today Sports, his client was in the hospital for weeks, and "I'm sure the police were there."

A spokesman for Miami-Dade police told USA Today that he was checking to see whether a report was filed.

A police report from the Palm Beach County Sheriff describes a shooting incident involving a man named Bradley on Feb. 13. The sheriff's office deemed the case inactive because Bradley refused to cooperate. Hernandez was not named in the report.

In another development Thursday, police in Providence, R.I., said Hernandez was taunted in May by a man at a nightclub near the Brown University campus but walked away. The man followed Hernandez for three blocks and a crowd formed, held back by police while Hernandez got into his vehicle and left.

Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Guy obviously had something to do with this murder. Hopefully his money doesn't get him off like it did Ray Lewis.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Police are back at Hernandez’s house

Posted by Mike Florio on June 22, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT

Amid multiple reports that police have a warrant for the arrest of Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez — and that they’re apparently just taunting him with it — they possibly have decided to swing by and show it to him.

Or maybe to finally bring him to the station.

According to FOX 25 in Boston, police are back at Hernandez’s house. They’ve visited multiple times since Tuesday, and multiple reports indicate Hernandez eventually will be charged with obstruction of justice.

This time, multiple state police vehicles are present, and investigators have entered Hernandez’s home.

ABC has reported that the arrest warrant will be executed “at some point.” The warrant arises from Hernandez’s allegedly willful destruction of his cell phone and his home surveillance system.

The NFL has remained silent on Hernandez’s status. Given that he apparently knows something about the night of Odin Lloyd’s death, the league could (and perhaps should) ban Hernandez from playing unless and until he cooperates fully and completely to the satisfaction of the authorities.

UPDATE 2:00 p.m. ET: According to Kevin Armstrong of the New York Daily News, two police dogs have been taken into the house.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
His tight end won't be tight for too long where he's going
He's a big guy with plenty of money, in prison you can buy protection with food, sodas, things like that. He'll have a circle of protective homeboys PDQ.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Search yields apparent “evidence bags” from Hernandez’s home

Posted by Mike Florio on June 23, 2013, 7:49 AM EDT

When police showed up at the home of Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez on Saturday, one possibility became that the authorities were executing the reported “paper” warrant for his arrest on obstruction of justice charges. It quickly became obvious that there were too many cops for something that simple.

As explained by the Boston Herald, the authorities engaged in a multi-hour search of the Hernandez property, scouring the house, cars, and even a “playhouse” (which some reporters described as a doghouse) on the lawn.

The search included multiple K-9 units and a locksmith. Per the Herald, police left with what appeared to be multiple evidence bags. FOX 25 in Boston described them as large brown bags, pegging the amount at “several.”

More than a dozen state police officers were on the Hernandez property for roughly four total hours.

The search arises from the murder of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd. Video evidence reportedly shows Lloyd and Hernandez together last Sunday night/Monday morning. On Monday afternoon, Lloyd’s body was found in an industrial park close to the Hernandez home.

Police reportedly believe Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and his surveillance system, which has led to reports he’ll be charged at a minimum with obstructing justice in a murder probe.

The NFL and the Patriots have remained quiet on the matter. Hernandez went to the team facility on Thursday, but he was asked to leave, reportedly due to concerns that his presence would spark a “media stakeout” at Patriots headquarters.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I've gotta question for our resident lawyers: is it unlawful to destroy your own things to prevent evidence being found before their are any orders or even an investigation? I mean, why can't I destroy my own things if I wanted to? Prolly a dumb question...it was just a thought that I had while reading this stuff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

tnt

Whoa An Active DCCer
I've gotta question for our resident lawyers: is it unlawful to destroy your own things to prevent evidence being found before their are any orders or even an investigation? I mean, why can't I destroy my own things if I wanted to? Prolly a dumb question...it was just a thought that I had while reading this stuff.
No lawyer here, but I do have a criminal justice degree. Evidence is evidence, even if authorities are not aware of a crime. The willful or negligent spoliation of evidence associated to a crime is against the law.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If you are destroying your own things with the intent to cover up a crime it's against the law. Showing intent is the challenge the prosecution will have to deal with.

tnt

Whoa An Active DCCer
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/06/26/aaron-hernandez-handcuffed-police-custody/2458991/

NORTH ATTLEBOROUGH, Mass. — The Patriots' Aaron Hernandez has been taken into custody by police at his home.

Hernandez was led out from the home handcuffed, wearing a white T-shirt, red shorts and sneakers.

PHOTOS: Hernandez being led away in cuffs

Hernandez has been at the center of a police investigation into the homicide of Odin Lloyd.

The body of Lloyd, 27, a semipro football player, was found on June 17 in an industrial park by a nighttime jogger, about a half-mile from Hernandez's home. Police ruled the death a homicide, and Lloyd's family members said Lloyd and Hernandez were friends who had been together the previous day.

Massachusetts State Police have twice searched Hernandez's home, along with nearby woods and a pond.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wonder if his faggy lawyer who blasted the media the other day has any comment now?

Top Bottom