Going to Dallas for the Bengals game

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Okay. I apologize for raising the practical aspects of dealing with barbecue. But it did cause a little chaos. My work is done.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
hahah thanks everybody, how did i know this was going to turn into an argument thread? I will be doing the tour of the stadium on Saturday or Monday, tailgating my face off for the game on Sunday, then hopefully going out sunday night too. Other than that I live Tuesday morning so probably not much to do tourist wise.

I appreciate all of your suggestions. I'm probably going to go the "try random shit" route like getting tacos from a gas station etc etc. My favorite thing food wise is to find hole in the wall places. I'll be coming back to Dallas in the future for sure so I'd like to find something extravagant so I know what to look for on my 2nd trip

Jiggyfly

Banned
hahah thanks everybody, how did i know this was going to turn into an argument thread? I will be doing the tour of the stadium on Saturday or Monday, tailgating my face off for the game on Sunday, then hopefully going out sunday night too. Other than that I live Tuesday morning so probably not much to do tourist wise.

I appreciate all of your suggestions. I'm probably going to go the "try random shit" route like getting tacos from a gas station etc etc. My favorite thing food wise is to find hole in the wall places. I'll be coming back to Dallas in the future for sure so I'd like to find something extravagant so I know what to look for on my 2nd trip
Talk to the staff at the Hotel you are staying or the cabbie, they can tell you the best non touristy spots to eat.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Talk to the staff at the Hotel you are staying or the cabbie, they can tell you the best non touristy spots to eat.
very good idea. i've also got a friend over in Dallas whom i trust with this kind of stuff

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
. I'm probably going to go the "try random shit" route like getting tacos from a gas station etc etc. My favorite thing food wise is to find hole in the wall places.
I like to find good hole in the wall places too but you might be taking it a bit too far with gas station tacos. I don't know the Dallas area well enough to make any suggestions but I am sure you can find some great little taco spots that don't also offer diesel gasoline and tire gauges. The suggestion of talking to your hotel staff/cabbies is a good one. I would throw in bartenders and door guys too if you go to bars. Talking to the locals is absolutely the best way to figure out the kind of info you are looking for.

data

Forbes #1
What will you be wearing on gameday and what will your DCC sign say?

Jiggyfly

Banned
I like to find good hole in the wall places too but you might be taking it a bit too far with gas station tacos. I don't know the Dallas area well enough to make any suggestions but I am sure you can find some great little taco spots that don't also offer diesel gasoline and tire gauges. The suggestion of talking to your hotel staff/cabbies is a good one. I would throw in bartenders and door guys too if you go to bars. Talking to the locals is absolutely the best way to figure out the kind of info you are looking for.
Most gas stations these days are pretty much akin to a fast food restaurant as far as there cooking facilities not talking about the old skool dingy dirty spots.

You would be surprised at the quality of food available in some of these places.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Most gas stations these days are pretty much akin to a fast food restaurant as far as there cooking facilities not talking about the old skool dingy dirty spots.

You would be surprised at the quality of food available in some of these places.
I get what you're saying. There are convenience stores around here whose breakfast tacos are supplied by little taco truck operations and sold in-store, for instance. And some of them are pretty solid. Some of them make their own too but I find most of those options to be...lacking. If I were in from out of town I would much rather take a chance on a suggestion of a local taco joint than any gas station taco. Just seems less hit and miss.

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Surely they have a Taco Bell there.

I recommend the $5 box.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I get what you're saying. There are convenience stores around here whose breakfast tacos are supplied by little taco truck operations and sold in-store, for instance. And some of them are pretty solid. Some of them make their own too but I find most of those options to be...lacking. If I were in from out of town I would much rather take a chance on a suggestion of a little local taco joint than any gas station taco. Just seems less hit and miss.
One of the highest rated places, Fuel City, is in a gas station here. Imo there just ok though, I'd recommend at least 6-8 places ahead of them, and a couple are in gas stations.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah. Chuys is a pretty good middle of the road Mexican food restaurant.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I get what you're saying. There are convenience stores around here whose breakfast tacos are supplied by little taco truck operations and sold in-store, for instance. And some of them are pretty solid. Some of them make their own too but I find most of those options to be...lacking. If I were in from out of town I would much rather take a chance on a suggestion of a local taco joint than any gas station taco. Just seems less hit and miss.
Yeah you are right about them being hit or miss and some of the misses can be huge.

I was talking more about if you see something interesting don't be afraid to try it more so than plan on a actual meal.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If this thread needs to be moved - sorry.
I'm going to my first game in Dallas this weekend vs the Bengals and was hoping someone could give me suggestions on where to buy tickets, where the best deals on seats are/best view, and what I should try to avoid.

I don't want to start a huge thread on this, was just hoping for some help. I can also use some suggestions on any fun bars or places to eat since i'll be in Dallas for 4 days - Please PM me if you can help me out at all - thanks guys

Your favorite Guido,

GForce
Check your PM Guido.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Best bbq around here is Pecan Lodge imo. For mexican food I'd recommend Meso Maya
Hutchins up in McKinney is better than Pecan Lodge, imo. I've had both, and both are amazing, but I liked Hutchins more. Hutchins also has better hot links, but Pecan Lodge has better sides.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hutchins up in McKinney is better than Pecan Lodge, imo. I've had both, and both are amazing, but I liked Hutchins more. Hutchins also has better hot links, but Pecan Lodge has better sides.
It is good. That is not too far from me. I live about 15 miles south in ALLEN.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
It is good. That is not too far from me. I live about 15 miles south in ALLEN.
I used to live between 380 and Virginia Pkwy off of Custer, so it was like 10 minutes from my house.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I used to live between 380 and Virginia Pkwy off of Custer, so it was like 10 minutes from my house.
My Daughter owns the Cherry Berry yougart shop at Custer and 380 in the south part of the Walmart shoppping area.

Top Bottom