Video Game Chatter

tnt

Whoa An Active DCCer
Killzone fan, eh?

It does look really good, but I was never all that impressed by the other games. They were solid, but nothing special, IMO.

For me, it looks like Battlefield 4, Madden and FIFA will definitely be launch day buys for me. The Division will be as well if it ends up being a day one game.
I have never played Killzone before. On amazon, only the bundles are for launch day now. The bundle also includes the PS+ online for a year at $50, instead at the normal $60. I cannot stand Battfield, so the Killzone was it. Assassin's Creed and COD will be my other first day games.

junk

Not So New Member
I never got the Xbox love. I had one of the first ones, along with a PS2, and the Xbox started to fall apart long before the PS2. Then the RROD thing on the next gen.

My only beef with PS3 was their network issues and that some of their third party apps either kind of suck (Amazon Streaming Video) or don't exist (HBO GO). In spite of that, the PS3 has been worth every penny. It is essentially already what Xbox wants Xbox One to be. I watch movies, I play games and I stream everything through it.

People aren't going to buy a gaming console to do that other crap.....they'll take advantage of it if it exists in their gaming console.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can see why they are marketing their product this way, I just don't understand the tone they are doing it. They are creating an "all everything machine" for the house. Hence the "One" name. They arent targeting gaming audience anymore, they are targeting everyone and every need. I get that and I get that you have to be home and on wifi to make it work right. Cool.

But why not just say that over and over again and apologize that people can't use it like just the normal gaming machine? Do it in a nice way and promote the 360 as a better option for certain people and its no big deal. Making comments the way they have done so far is just ludicre.
It is the exact same thing for Windows laptops.

They seem to think that going with whatever the "future" is, at least in their eyes, offsets basic services that everyone has used.

Like case in point, the new Windows. Can't play a fricking DVD because there is no Windows Media Player unless you buy it. Their response...uuuhh, the future is streaming, dude...get over it.

No, frick you...I am using an old version of your OS so I can. Smug faggots.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It is the exact same thing for Windows laptops.

They seem to think that going with whatever the "future" is, at least in their eyes, offsets basic services that everyone has used.

Like case in point, the new Windows. Can't play a fricking DVD because there is no Windows Media Player unless you buy it. Their response...uuuhh, the future is streaming, dude...get over it.

No, frick you...I am using an old version of your OS so I can. Smug faggots.
To be fair, I'm sure its really easy to find another software out there that will play DVDs. Such as the play-everything software known as VLC Media Player. You should download that, it is awesome. Literally plays any file type.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
To be fair, I'm sure its really easy to find another software out there that will play DVDs. Such as the play-everything software known as VLC Media Player. You should download that, it is awesome. Literally plays any file type.
To be "fair" it is a pain in the ass to have to download and they don't work as seemlessly.

Not to mention the majority of new laptops don't even have the drive to begin with...so f-off again Microsoft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just sayin', you should probably download VLC player.
Don't need to. Went back to my older machine. Gave the new POS to my kid.

BTW, the PS4 is going in the man cave...my kid can keep the Xbox in his room.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Games were announced as remaining at the $59.99 price point for both consoles.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
FYI - NCAA 14 Demo will be out tomorrow.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
FYI - NCAA 14 Demo will be out tomorrow.
OMG

I'm currently trying to play/finish:

Last of Us
Bioshock Infinite
Mass Effect 3
Dead Island
Alan Wake
LA Noire
Diablo III on Inferno

And I've been messing around with Madden a little, I'm still playing Battlefield 3 when my buddies are up for that, and I'm trying to give Fallout 3 the 2nd playthrough I'd always been meaning to (it deserves one).

I don't have time for all these games!!!!!

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I've made my own price point of $15.

I bought UFC 3 and a couple of Batman game for $41 on Amazon today.
I can't stay away from my favorite triple-A releases -- stuff like the Last of Us, Skyrim, Diablo, etc. I have to play them as soon as they come out because I want to talk to people about them while they are fresh, and frankly I'm just too excited not to get them ASAP.

But yeah, check out that above list of games I posted..... I paid $28 for Bioshock Infinite, $30 for Mass Effect 3, $20 for Dead Island, $5 for LA Noire, and a grand total of $2 for Alan Wake.

You can get great deals on PC games these days if you are willing to wait and watch deal websites. I've got an eyeball out for Max Payne 3 under the ten dollar mark as well.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Finally decided to give Uncharted a try. I started off with Uncharted 3, played it for about an hour last night.

So far so good.

What I learned so far is that Drake was the most athletic kid in the history of man kind. 13 year old kid swinging and flipping from roof top to roof top as if he were Spiderman.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Finally decided to give Uncharted a try. I started off with Uncharted 3, played it for about an hour last night.

So far so good.

What I learned so far is that Drake was the most athletic kid in the history of man kind. 13 year old kid swinging and flipping from roof top to roof top as if he were Spiderman.
I think 2 is the best of the series but they all deserve a play. You will see that a lot of game mechanics and controls are missing if you go back to 1 though.

Also, you're not really missing out on any vital backstory, but all the characters have a history from the first two games that you won't pick up on (well, except Cutter, he's a new character).

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
I've made my own price point of $15.

I bought UFC 3 and a couple of Batman game for $41 on Amazon today.
I'm with you. Unless it's a game that I really want right away, usually the sport games, I'll wait 6 months or so until the price starts dropping.

Most of the games I buy now cost $30 or less.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

So far so good.

Great games.

You should've played the games in order, but at least you are playing them. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get the game for?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Great games.

You should've played the games in order, but at least you are playing them. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get the game for?
$20 brand new at the Fort Hood Post Exchange.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think 2 is the best of the series but they all deserve a play. You will see that a lot of game mechanics and controls are missing if you go back to 1 though.
2 is the best, yes.

I think 3 was really damn good too, it's just that 2 had that "new" feeling to it and when you got around to 3, the things that made 2 great didn't leave you with the same impression even though it was kinda the same thing.

Top Bottom