Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
She has a better body that Amy Adams does. Which is what you were disagreeing with I guess. Although my initial post was just a comparison about how bad Katie Holmes and Amy Adams were in their roles.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I finally saw The Big Lebowski the other day.

It was ok, but I was a bit underwhelmed to be honest, considering its status as a cult classic.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
They'll never do it, but I'd love to see them do a triology. Second movie fights Lex Luthor and the 3rd ends with the Doomsday fight. Goodnight Superman.
Did you notice the "LexCorp" tanker truck that was destroyed during the final Superman/Zod fight?

Not sure if that was a foreshadow of things to come...
Seeing Captain America's shield in the ice in the first Ironman movie.
or just an homage to the franchise.

data

Forbes #1
Overall, regarding MoS, 'less is more.' The way they brought along The Dark Knight and Iron Man seemed more organic, whereas MoS they tried to cram it all in - origin, how Superman came to be, morality of when to use powers, love story, introduce supervillian, end of world and a shitload of CGI.

It's a must-see since it's Superman and it's above average, but they could've done significantly better.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So Sony announced there will be Spider-Man movies in 14, 16, and 18. Clearly they have a direction they are going and the people who talked about the Sinister 6 are probably right.

Carp

DCC 4Life
During the fight scene with Faora and Superman...the big dude in the suit with her...I guess he was this versions Non.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What was funny is that my son and I were waiting through the credits and this very aggravated clean up kid was like "you all can leave now...there isn't anything at the end!"

Carp

DCC 4Life
My son said the same thing, but that usually leaks out that there will be some post credits stuff.

I am curious about one thing though:

The pods Superman found...one had a skeleton in it and one was opened and looked like that person survived. I wonder if they are setting up another character from Krypton.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Overall, regarding MoS, 'less is more.' The way they brought along The Dark Knight and Iron Man seemed more organic, whereas MoS they tried to cram it all in - origin, how Superman came to be, morality of when to use powers, love story, introduce supervillian, end of world and a shitload of CGI.

It's a must-see since it's Superman and it's above average, but they could've done significantly better.
Agreed. At the mid point it just seemed plodding at times and then in the last 45 an hour they just wanted to cram as much CGI blow up stuff as they could for the 3d crowd. The climax was epic though. And AMy Adams is far better than classically decent so stop the nonsensical comparisons to Maggie! And BTW my wife said that Costner said they actually finnished filming 2 years ago so maybe they could already be working on MOS 2 0r 3 or both.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
My son said the same thing, but that usually leaks out that there will be some post credits stuff.

I am curious about one thing though:

The pods Superman found...one had a skeleton in it and one was opened and looked like that person survived. I wonder if they are setting up another character from Krypton.
I thought it was interesting in the back story about all the historical stuff Jor mentioned.

All the explorers they sent out to find new worlds. That is where I thought it was setting up for maybe his cousin Kara or some other Kryptonian

And the preview for Pacific Rim looks really interesting.

Top Bottom