Must See Movies

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This Is the End was pretty damn funny. Typical dumb humor you would expect from this group but with a different/interesting storyline. Well worth seeing if you're a fan of this type of humor, IMO.

I very much want to see it. All the actors playing themselves was a smart move, makes for an interesting take.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Man of Steel rocked... best live action Superman movie. I did not think they would have the balls to go where they did at the end. When it happened, the entire theater gasped. As a lifelong Superman fan, it was an EPIC moment. Not so much for this particular movie, but for the Superman franchise as a whole. They did it, and they did it right. Props to Christopher Nolan.

I am not a Superman fan (and I still have not seen Superman Returns), but I do want to see this.

Funny I used to think that the first two Christopher Reeves movies were the gold standard, but in re-watching the second one recently, it wasn't nearly as good as I remember it.

I love the Nolan Batmans, so I have high hopes for MoS, but the prior Supermans have left a low bar imo. I tend to not like the campy superhero movies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Just saw MoS and I was underwhelmed. Too much Matrix. The destruction was over the top.

It also seemed overly dramatic for a 'first' movie with the super villian and end of the world theme. I'd think that's more reserved for a third movie. How does the sequel top this movie - Lex Luthor or any other human villian would seem to be anticlimactic.

Btw - Superman's mom was hot. Reminded me of Deanna Troi, Star Trek: TNG.
She had some MILF qualities to her, I'll agree.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am not a Superman fan (and I still have not seen Superman Returns), but I do want to see this.

Funny I used to think that the first two Christopher Reeves movies were the gold standard, but in re-watching the second one recently, it wasn't nearly as good as I remember it.

I love the Nolan Batmans, so I have high hopes for MoS, but the prior Supermans have left a low bar imo. I tend to not like the campy superhero movies.
You won't find a lot of campiness with this Superman flick. In fact, there's very little humor, if any at all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I liked it, don't get me wrong, but there were just certain things went on too long...and some not long enough.
Damn, you are picky.

As for Costner, I thought his death was way stoopid. Just let him have a heart attack after an important life lesson. Tornado? Whatevas.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It also seemed overly dramatic for a 'first' movie with the super villian and end of the world theme. I'd think that's more reserved for a third movie. How does the sequel top this movie - Lex Luthor or any other human villian would seem to be anticlimactic.
I would be shocked if there are multiple Superman flicks. I agree it is hard to top, but there are arcs from the comics that could work.

D

Deuce

They'll never do it, but I'd love to see them do a triology. Second movie fights Lex Luthor and the 3rd ends with the Doomsday fight. Goodnight Superman.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Damn, you are picky.

As for Costner, I thought his death was way stoopid. Just let him have a heart attack after an important life lesson. Tornado? Whatevas.
I thought the way Costner went out was epic. He could have had Clark save him, but to protect his identity he let himself die.

I wanted that training sequence man...I wanted him to chase a chicken in a dirt courtyard.

Carp

DCC 4Life
As an aside...Any Adams is the Katie Holmes of this movie. Just sucks.

D

Deuce

I thought the way Costner went out was epic. He could have had Clark save him, but to protect his identity he let himself die.

I wanted that training sequence man...I wanted him to chase a chicken in a dirt courtyard.
Admit it, you wanted a montage.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yep. Preferably with Costner doing a slow clap to show his approval.

All montages have to at least be partially in slow motion.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Amy Adams was a terrible choice just based on her age.

She'll be 39 this year. By the time the trilogy is done, wel. Have a mid to upper 40s Lois Lane to go with a probably still dreamy Henry Cavill.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rumors are going around that they are going to do a MOS sequel for next summer, then a Justice League movie in 2015. If they can pull it off, great, but that is rushing things big time.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
As an aside...Any Adams is the Katie Holmes of this movie. Just sucks.
I thought Katie Holmes was great as the love interest in Batman Begins. Much better than that lizard that they cast in her role the next time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
No way. She was too young for the part and just did not seem right in a movie like that. You can hate on Gyllenhaal, but she was alright in my book.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Amy Adams was a terrible choice just based on her age.

She'll be 39 this year. By the time the trilogy is done, wel. Have a mid to upper 40s Lois Lane to go with a probably still dreamy Henry Cavill.
I thought she was really cute as Amelia Earhart in Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian. Everything else I've ever seen her in...feh.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Amy Adams has a dumpy body.
Ten times better than that Gyllenhall dude who played Christian Bale's love interest in The Dark Knight. I feel like they should have cast a woman for that part instead of using a man pretending to be a woman.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Ten times better than that Gyllenhall dude who played Christian Bale's love interest in The Dark Knight. I feel like they should have cast a woman for that part instead of using a man pretending to be a woman.
That's simply not true.

Top Bottom