Helman: Mizzou Defensive Tackle Richardson Could Be The Best Off the Board

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ehm... I think the difference between Richardson and Short, or the difference between Warmack and Warford, is far greater than the difference between Vaccaro and Elam/Reid.
I agree.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ehm... I think the difference between Richardson and Short, or the difference between Warmack and Warford, is far greater than the difference between Vaccaro and Elam/Reid.
:lol

I noticed how you changed my example with Cooper into Warmack...

I love Warmack. I think he is a one of a kind type player that comes around rarely. If he is there at 18 he is at the top of my board and what I consider a potentially special guard. That's why I used Cooper instead, who I think is a good guard but the type of player you see every year. I also think he has a better chance of being there at 18.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

I love Warmack. I think he is a one of a kind type player that comes around rarely. If he is there at 18 he is at the top of my board and what I consider a potentially special guard. That's why I used Cooper instead, who I think is a good guard but the type of player you see every year. I also think he has a better chance of being there at 18.
I like Cooper, but he's a poor fit with Tyron Smith who's the same kind of athletic but undersized player. An OL needs to generate power at times and our most powerful player is Livings who's also incredibly inconsistent. I picture a line anchored by Smith and Cooper to be very consistent and dynamic between the 20's, but very unproductive running the ball in the redzone.

It could be Fluker may be a better fit than Cooper, even though he's less talented. Because of that it's hard to see the first pick being an OL. Would you rather have Vaccaro or Cooper? Hard decision.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Slotting Cooper next to Smith would be excellent. Use the talents that your line has...run some counters, draws, tosses, screens...I'd be excited to have a truly athletic offensive line.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I like Cooper, but he's a poor fit with Tyron Smith who's the same kind of athletic but undersized player. An OL needs to generate power at times and our most powerful player is Livings who's also incredibly inconsistent. I picture a line anchored by Smith and Cooper to be very consistent and dynamic between the 20's, but very unproductive running the ball in the redzone.

It could be Fluker may be a better fit than Cooper, even though he's less talented. Because of that it's hard to see the first pick being an OL. Would you rather have Vaccaro or Cooper? Hard decision.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I didn't "change" it, I'm just saying the guys I DID name are much more elite talents compared to their second round counterparts as opposed to Vaccaro who, in my book, isn't really that much better than Elam or Reid.

Cooper is much closer to a second round talent than Warmack is in my book, but I'd still say he's more of a first round pick than Vaccaro is, though it's closer.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

That just means we have more work to do on our OL. I wouldn't ignore Cooper for that reason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cooper is much closer to a second round talent than Warmack is in my book, but I'd still say he's more of a first round pick than Vaccaro is, though it's closer.
I agree, which is why I used Cooper in my example. I can't honestly remember a guard prospect as good as Warmack in the past. The closest comparison that I would give is that Warmack reminds me of a guard version of what Orlando Pace was coming out of college. Orlando Pace wasn't just a top OT prospect, there was legitimately something special and dominant about him coming out of college. That's the way I view Warmack and that's why I can't honestly say another guard in this draft is close to his talent. I know that my statement is in disagreement with a number of "experts" in terms of Cooper v. Warmack but I think it should be obvious.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That just means we have more work to do on our OL. I wouldn't ignore Cooper for that reason.
You're right of course, talent is talent. I can't help thinking though that people are latching Cooper onto Warmack's star, and in reality they are really not in the same league.

If NFL GM's don't buy into the hype, Cooper should fall to 18.

I would trade up to get Lotulelei or Warmack. They are truly elite prospects. I'd trade a 1st, 3rd, and change, but not part with a 2nd in this deep draft.

Top Bottom