Watkins: Players respond to Garrett's job status

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Players respond to Garrett's job status

December, 16, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Following such a bad loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, several Dallas Cowboys' players were asked about would such a defeat lead to the eventually firing of coach Jason Garrett.

"I'm not worried about that right now," cornerback Brandon Carr said. "We're not in that situation. That's out of my control. We got two weeks to get this thing going and that's not even a question for me to answer. Besides, I got $10 million bucks to count. I ain't got no time for that."

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said Garrett is returning as coach, but he got into a back-and-forth with reporters regarding the subject.

Tight end Jason Witten, a supporter of Garrett, and one of the leaders of the team wasn't trying to deal with job statuses on Sunday.

"I’m not going there," Witten said. "I’m not going there."

Several fans have the belief the Cowboys are failing again in December with no hope in sight, which is something they've seen before. In the past two seasons, the Cowboys struggled in December, losing in the final regular-season game that cost them a postseason berth.

Why would Cowboys' fans think any differently?

"I mean right now, they can say that because of the results," Ware said. "You can agree with them. We got two games left and we still have hope. I would tell them, have hope in us as players. We're in the same position as we came in here. So we're still trying to get the job done."

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Players respond to Garrett's job status

December, 16, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Following such a bad loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, several Dallas Cowboys' players were asked about would such a defeat lead to the eventually firing of coach Jason Garrett.

"I'm not worried about that right now," cornerback Brandon Carr said. "We're not in that situation. That's out of my control. We got two weeks to get this thing going and that's not even a question for me to answer. Besides, I got $10 million bucks to count. I ain't got no time for that."

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said Garrett is returning as coach, but he got into a back-and-forth with reporters regarding the subject.

Tight end Jason Witten, a supporter of Garrett, and one of the leaders of the team wasn't trying to deal with job statuses on Sunday.

"I’m not going there," Witten said. "I’m not going there."

Several fans have the belief the Cowboys are failing again in December with no hope in sight, which is something they've seen before. In the past two seasons, the Cowboys struggled in December, losing in the final regular-season game that cost them a postseason berth.

Why would Cowboys' fans think any differently?

"I mean right now, they can say that because of the results," Ware said. "You can agree with them. We got two games left and we still have hope. I would tell them, have hope in us as players. We're in the same position as we came in here. So we're still trying to get the job done."
I see what you did there.

Top Bottom