User Tag List

Page 241 of 243 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2423

Thread: Video Game Chatter

Red Dead Redemption 2 hands on previews are out.

The game sounds ridiculous. Completely amazing and detailed. Unparalleled, unprecedented.

Go read some previews. Do yourself a favor.

A lot of the pacing, camera, hand to hand combat and gun play, and graphics of this game reminds me of 2013's The Last of Us.

Not surprising that 2013 is when GTA V released, and Rockstar probably kicked RDR2 into high gear at that time.

Not putting them down; but I'm observing that they probably took heavy notes from LoU, as it was game of the generation, and it's atmosphere, brutal up-close violence, and stealth mechanics and hand to hand action were a big part of it's allure.

5 years later, being able to implement a ridiculously open and detailed world that duplicates or improves on the high notes of the Last of Us, that is really something else.

I just downloaded and started playing the new Spider-man game earlier this week. I've only put a few hours into it so far but at this point it's been a really solid game. I love the open world aspect of it.

My only complaint about it is punches & kicks from common street thugs, particularly the bigger ones, take down way too much of your health bar. Spider-man has super human strength and can take big hits from super-villains, but you're telling me that 4 or 5 kicks from some common street thug will kill him? GTFOH with that nonsense.

The web slinging, wall runs, etc. took me a while to get used to but after a couple of hours of game play it now feels natural.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    A lot of the pacing, camera, hand to hand combat and gun play, and graphics of this game reminds me of 2013's The Last of Us.

Not surprising that 2013 is when GTA V released, and Rockstar probably kicked RDR2 into high gear at that time.

Not putting them down; but I'm observing that they probably took heavy notes from LoU, as it was game of the generation, and it's atmosphere, brutal up-close violence, and stealth mechanics and hand to hand action were a big part of it's allure.

5 years later, being able to implement a ridiculously open and detailed world that duplicates or improves on the high notes of the Last of Us, that is really something else.
    I'm literally counting down the days for this game to come out. I don't even want to play anything else right now. No reason to start something else right now.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Leaked RDR2 footage:

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadrede...gameplay_leak/

Not real spoiler-ish at all, unless seeing any of the game in action is considered a spoiler to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Leaked RDR2 footage:

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadrede...gameplay_leak/

Not real spoiler-ish at all, unless seeing any of the game in action is considered a spoiler to you.
    Yeah it looks pretty awesome. Only a few days away now. Kind of nice that the Cowboys have a bye week so I won't have to be worrying much about football this weekend.

11. The following user likes this post:

RDRII came with 2 discs, one to load the data and 1 to play. This is going to be massive.