User Tag List

Page 230 of 240 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2399

Thread: Video Game Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    They still sell PS3s you know.
    Yea but I'm more interested in a used one.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    I'd imagine you could find one pretty cheap on ebay/craigslist
    I'm on there now. Just a little skeptical because most of them don't accept returns and i may end up with one that doesn't work. I heard these things can fry at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

I'm on there now. Just a little skeptical because most of them don't accept returns and i may end up with one that doesn't work. I heard these things can fry at any moment.
    I've personally had good luck on electronics from ebay, also even if a seller says no returns if they sell you something that breaks right away ebay/paypal will always find in the customers favor in that situation if you file a claim
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

If you find one on craigslist or even a facebook yardsale page, I'd probably ask them to plug it in and show that it works. But after that you're probably fine. I still have the original style PS3 running so I wouldn't be so worried if I were you. Just make sure it runs on the HDMI port.

5. The following user likes this post:

I got RDR on My PS3 as a download for the PSplus. I still love that game. Looks pretty good on my projection screen even at original resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    I got RDR on My PS3 as a download for the PSplus. I still love that game. Looks pretty good on my projection screen even at original resolution.
    Yeah, I'd love to actually replay that game right now just in anticipation of the new one coming out. I absolutely loved that game. I get a lot of Playstation games that I never truly finish but that was one where I played it from start to finish.

On a side note, I'm just waiting for all the gun people to turn on video games next. Seems like they used to get blamed for all of the school shootings in the past. But right now everyone is focusing on gun control instead.

8. The following user likes this post:

Yeah, so this Raspberry Pi thing running Emulation Software Retropie.... apparently pretty awesome. My friend made one, and I just ordered and received the parts for one yesterday, I'm beginning to put it all together. It's actually not too hard at all but it takes some time and when you have two kids running around, time is at a premium.

You need a Raspberry Pi 3B (or B+), which is essentially a computer/board, you need a case, you need an SD card to serve as the hard drive, you need a power supply, and a controller. I'd be happy to provide the list of parts I got on Amazon. You can go more or less expensive for all the parts as desired, but you're gonna spend anywhere from $80-$200 roughly. I think my stuff was a total of $130.

Once you get the computer up and running with the software, you have to download games called "Roms" -- but the Retropie software runs/emulates the following systems relatively natively and pain free:

Atari 2600
    Atari 7800
    Atari Lynx
    GCE Vectrex
    NEC TurboGrafx-16
    Nintendo 64
    Nintendo Entertainment System
    Nintendo Super NES
    Nintendo Game Boy
    Nintendo Game Boy Color
    Nintendo Game Boy Advance
    Nintendo Virtual Boy
    Sega 32X
    Sega CD
    Sega Master System
    Sega Genesis
    Sega Game Gear
    Sega Saturn
    SNK Neo Geo
    SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
    Sony PlayStation
    Sony PSP

Dosbox
    ScummVM
    MAME (arcade cabinets)

And many others. Not all emulators are pre-installed on Retropie, so it takes some tweaking, but I can provide links to instructions too.

Anyway.... You can find just about any games out there online these days.

10. The following user likes this post:

Thanks Smitty, cool info... I may just have to build one.

Actually here is a full list of supported systems:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie...ported-Systems

Some of the "newer" systems on there, like Nintendo 64, I think it struggles with a bit, and not every game works. There are further tweaks to resolution and stuff that you have to do to get many of them to run well. But I think any of the pre-1996 stuff should be just fine. And like I said, I know people do get it to run N64 stuff like GoldenEye, Mario Kart, Mario World 64, etc.

Let's see the instructions that you've used, @mschmidt64.

I looked into this a few years ago and had planned on building a plywood cabinet adn installing a 24" monitor with a few different controller options, but I've lost all the documentation that I had.