PFT: Jerry Jones - It’s not just optimism, it’s a fact that we’re better

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jerry Jones: It’s not just optimism, it’s a fact that we’re better

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 11, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT

Cowboys owner and General Manager Jerry Jones has no doubts that his team is better right now than it was last season.

Jones said after the NFL draft that it’s clear to him that the Cowboys’ roster is stronger than it was in 2013, when Dallas completed its third consecutive 8-8 season.

“Yes, we are better,” Jones said. “There’s no question about that. Relative to where we played last year, we’ve had a very impactful draft. We actually have had an impactful offseason, relative to the way we play. We’re better. And consequentially, when I look over at the offense, we haven’t taken a step back on offense at any place and matter of fact, without being trite, we’ve gained on it in my opinion. For me, I feel better tonight than I did when we quit playing last year. To me that isn’t just optimism for me. I do, factually, can look down here and say we’re a better team than we were this time last year as reality would have it.”

The Cowboys have been mired in mediocrity, and if Jones is wrong about them being better this year, Jones may fire head coach Jason Garrett. But one thing Jones won’t do is fire himself as G.M. Jones is confident that the Cowboys’ general manager is getting the job done.

Relatively speaking of course.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If the defense plays like it did vs Philadelphia in the finale we will absolutely be better with the infusion of youth. Mo Claiborne needs to stay healthy and Brandon Carr can't try to do too much. When all three corners were playing well the safeties settled down a bit and kept big plays in front of them.

If they crap the bed like in New Orleans or Chicago or at home vs. the Packers it won't matter how good the running game becomes.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If the defense plays like it did vs Philadelphia in the finale we will absolutely be better with the infusion of youth. Mo Claiborne needs to stay healthy and Brandon Carr can't try to do too much. When all three corners were playing well the safeties settled down a bit and kept big plays in front of them.

If they crap the bed like in New Orleans or Chicago or at home vs. the Packers it won't matter how good the running game becomes.
One of the best cures for the games you mentioned is to get a ball control going and allow the defense to catch a breath.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The one way I can see this team winning games is if Garrett's and Linehan grow an uncharacteristic brain and start running the football. The running game was working at the end of last year and Garrett wouldn't use it.

Maybe now that the attitude from the Owner's Box has shifted from "Romo is Manning" to "Protect Romo" we might try to protect him by not making him throw 50 times a game.

Top Bottom