Machota: Why isn't Greg Hardy at Cowboys training camp? Jerry Jones explains

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why isn't Greg Hardy at Cowboys training camp? Jerry Jones explains

By Jon Machota , Staff Writer Contact Jon Machota on Twitter: @jonmachota

The Cowboys could certainly use a pass rusher capable of recording double-digit sacks. The franchise has also shown that it's willing to give second-chances.

So why isn't Greg Hardy at Cowboys training camp?

WFAA Channel 8's Dale Hansen asked Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones this question during a recent interview.

"Well I think that we certainly got the message from our fans that certainly we had a difference of opinion about whether Greg should be on the team or not," Jones said Sunday night. "More importantly, within the team, we wanted a contribution there that if you were really going to pay that kind of price we wanted more contribution than we got."

Hansen then jumped in, saying that Hardy is better than any of the defensive linemen on the team's current roster. Jones responded: "that could be questionable."

"Certainly as we moved through the year, we had a lot of expectations," Jones said. "But that didn't pan out for us both at certain positions -- his being one of them -- as well as the team."

Hardy started 12 games for the Cowboys last season, recording six sacks and a team-high 32 quarterback pressures.

Hansen suggested that the Cowboys are sending the message that if you beat a woman, they'll give you another chance, but if you're a bad teammate, you're out the door.

"I don't think that's the message that you send," Jones said. "I think you send a message on anything to do with domestic violence, that we abhor it, we certainly have all the empathy in the world for the victims involved. And we do want to send the right kind of message."

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hansen is a dick. He was rolling in the dirt last season about Hardy being on the team. Now he switches positions just to try to be cute.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ultimately Jones gives away the answer here. Dallas didn't feel he was their best DE down the stretch and he wasn't worth the headache. If he posted a 16 sack season not only would Dallas have tried to bring him back, other teams would have lined up for him too.

But he sucked down the stretch and no one wants to put up with a locker room cancer who also sandbags it and doesn't produce.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ultimately Jones gives away the answer here. Dallas didn't feel he was their best DE down the stretch and he wasn't worth the headache. If he posted a 16 sack season not only would Dallas have tried to bring him back, other teams would have lined up for him too.

But he sucked down the stretch and no one wants to put up with a locker room cancer who also sandbags it and doesn't produce.
It is also because Hardy called out Garrett for being a pussy. No question in my mind.

shane

DCC 4Life
It is also because Hardy called out Garrett for being a pussy. No question in my mind.
Yup, I don't think his personal troubles have anything to do with it. He's not a bootlicker so that is why he was tossed out.

Top Bottom