2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
For me it's one of those yes you can do it but you really shouldn't. Just going to bring unwanted attention to yourself at a time when this stuff is being scrutinized for heavier fines/ discipline.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
For me it's one of those yes you can do it but you really shouldn't. Just going to bring unwanted attention to yourself at a time when this stuff is being scrutinized for heavier fines/ discipline.
Yep. The rules are there and its not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. It is an election of decisions to go by the rules or violate them.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's simply common sense and it is slightly concerning that Elliott might have a deficiency in that area.

Then again, Emmitt was never a Rhodes scholar.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's simply common sense and it is slightly concerning that Elliott might have a deficiency in that area.

Then again, Emmitt was never a Rhodes scholar.
Yeah and I don't think Elliott is dumb, just sort of an immature 21 year old. I think most of us probably lacked a little common sense when we were 21.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah and I don't think Elliott is dumb, just sort of an immature 21 year old. I think most of us probably lacked a little common sense when we were 21.
That's why I don't think this is any big deal. So he walked into a reefer shop. Did he practice poor judgement? Of course. Should be all up in arms about it? I don't think so.

dallen

Senior Tech
My company tests for pot, but if I went to Washington or Colorado I'd probably go in one to check it out of curiosity. I don't really see the big deal that he was in one. If there was video of him buying something I'd be worried he might be dumb enough to fail a test, but this is just nothing

townsend

Banned
If it weren't for Gregory, this probably wouldn't even be a blip on the radar. But since dumbass has risked his career over this shit I think the everyone's one edge.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
My company tests for pot, but if I went to Washington or Colorado I'd probably go in one to check it out of curiosity. I don't really see the big deal that he was in one. If there was video of him buying something I'd be worried he might be dumb enough to fail a test, but this is just nothing
As far as I know you aren't a public figure which means no one will put a video of you doing it on TMZ, and people wouldn't know who your employer is so it wouldn't affect public opinion against you or your company.

Mike Greenberg said it best I think. There's nothing inherently wrong with it...but, Greenberg is a public figure too and he's been to Colorado many times. He's wanted to go into one of these shops but the last thing he needs is for a video or picture of him doing that going up on TMZ and now espn has to get involved or question him.

It's just common sense. Even if he is there out of innocent curiosity and not buying, it is not worth it.

Cotton

Staff member
This is correct.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
"I don't think it was a good decision," Garrett said. "He and I talked about that. It was just a poor decision on his part. Young players often times have to understand that perception can be reality. And you have to understand that you are under a microscope 24 hours a day. And there is no good reason for him to go into a place like that. I think he understood. He apologized. He recognized his mistake. It's something he will learn from."
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/08/27/cowboys-coach-jason-garrett-ezekiel-elliott-apologized-visit-marijuana-dispensary

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
Welp.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So it begins.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If the Lee thing is something other than just a precautionary measure, I start looking for his long term replacement next year as well.

Availability > ability

One day the Cowboys will learn this valuable lesson. Hopefully.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the Lee thing is something other than just a precautionary measure, I start looking for his long term replacement next year as well.

Availability > ability

One day the Cowboys will learn this valuable lesson. Hopefully.
You mean Jaylon Smith...

Jiggyfly

Banned
Cowboys not expected to pursue Josh McCown

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer
Published: Aug. 29, 2016 at 08:46 a.m. Updated: Aug. 29, 2016 at 09:07 a.m.
The Dallas Cowboys will search for a backup quarterback after Tony Romo's recent back injury. That search won't likely reignite talks with the Cleveland Browns regarding backup Josh McCown.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that based on Cleveland's asking price and McCown's salary, the Cowboys aren't expected to re-engage in talks about trading for the veteran after inquiries fizzled earlier this summer.

The Cowboys want to add a veteran with Romo expected to miss at least the first half of the season. Dak Prescott will take over as the starter after an impressive preseason, but the Cowboys want a veteran presence behind the rookie, ahead of 2015 undrafted free agent Jameill Showers.

The Browns have been reluctant to give away McCown -- reportedly asking for a mid-round pick. With Robert Griffin III's injury history and penchant for erratic play, it's smart of the Browns to keep a capable backup in house.

Before Romo's injury and Prescott's breakout preseason, Around The NFL's Conor Orr noted some potential non-McCown veterans the Cowboys could pursue: Free agents Matt Flynn, Michael Vick, T.J. Yates; or trade for Josh Johnson or Mike Glennon

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom