Training Camp Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Andy Jones really jumps off the screen, you can tell just by the way he moves that he is different from the other schlub WR's after the primary guys. He definitely deserves a roster spot as we should easily be able to carry 6 WR's.

If Whitehead is able to be a competent PR it would be a huge boost. Harris had some big time returns for us and I think we missed him in that regard. I saw a little bit of that from Whitehead, especially that kick return that set up the game-winning FG against the Skins. Beasley was just a god damned trainwreck as a punt returner so if Whitehead can handle that full time and be somewhat of a threat it'd be huge.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think we'd have to keep 6 WRs in order to keep Jones.

Street can GTFO.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't think we'd have to keep 6 WRs in order to keep Jones.

Street can GTFO.
I have seen reports that he is outplaying Street and Whitehead both right now. He was the UDFA I was most wanting to see succeed. Here's to hoping he can continue this.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just an early camp standout. Seen them before so I will wait awhile before I start pencilling him on the roster.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I have seen reports that he is outplaying Street and Whitehead both right now. He was the UDFA I was most wanting to see succeed. Here's to hoping he can continue this.
Whitehead is probably a lock regardless though because of the ST.

Cotton

Staff member
Whitehead is probably a lock regardless though because of the ST.
I'm sure he is, but as far as his PT goes, Jones might leap Lucky on the depth chart if he continues playing this well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure he is, but as far as his PT goes, Jones might leap Lucky on the depth chart if he continues playing this well.
We will have 4 preseason games to sort of make those evaluations about keeping this kid on the roster this year. I'm not there yet but he will be competing with Street and Butler more so then Whitehead more then likely. Whitehead is more of a Beasley type WR and more so is a return man. They might both be called WR's but their roles on the roster would be very different.

Personally I have no problem keeping 6 WRs, especially when you consider that Whitehead is less of a WR and more of a gadget guy. The problem is I may also want to keep 4 RBs because of Darius Jackson and just his overall ability. And lord knows this team will probably want to keep an extra TE or a FB.

Cotton

Staff member
We will have 4 preseason games to sort of make those evaluations about keeping this kid on the roster this year. I'm not there yet but he will be competing with Street and Butler more so then Whitehead more then likely. Whitehead is more of a Beasley type WR and more so is a return man. They might both be called WR's but their roles on the roster would be very different.

Personally I have no problem keeping 6 WRs, especially when you consider that Whitehead is less of a WR and more of a gadget guy. The problem is I may also want to keep 4 RBs because of Darius Jackson and just his overall ability. And lord knows this team will probably want to keep an extra TE or a FB.
Drop McFadden and keep DJ. Easy peasy.

Cotton

Staff member
I would have loved to trade McFadden. I wanted to do it back during the draft. Of course with his dumbass injury now that could be very difficult.
I'm fine with just releasing him, tbh.

Cotton

Staff member
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is on the field but not taking part in the walkthrough as he continues to rest a sore right hamstring.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm fine with just releasing him, tbh.
I don't have a problem releasing him but it just seems a bit silly to give away the NFLs fourth leading rusher from last year who happens to still be in his prime.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't have a problem releasing him but it just seems a bit silly to give away the NFLs fourth leading rusher from last year who happens to still be in his prime.
Just not sure we can get anything for him at this point.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Another guy to wait on before you start pencilling in the roster.

Top Bottom