User Tag List

Page 237 of 240 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2399

Thread: Video Game Chatter

RDR2 gameplay trailer tomorrow at 11 AM ET.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post

Yeah I'm so excited. I'm just ready for it to come out already.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post

Looks fantastic.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

I have to buy another PS4 because of this.

Kind of like a crack fiend, I am tempted to buy Madden again. Anyone have it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Kind of like a crack fiend, I am tempted to buy Madden again. Anyone have it yet?
    I picked it up on a 3 day Redbox rental. I’m trying story mode first and its so shitty. I love the old high school coach trying to talk me out of a tryout with the dolphins to stay back with him and coach.

I'm kind of over Madden. I've kicked the habit of running out and buying a new one every year.

The last one that I owned was the one with Gronk on the cover in 2016. Before that I hadn't bought a copy since the anniversary edition one that came out in 2013. The only reason that I bought that one is because it came with a one year subscription to Sunday Ticket.

9. The following user likes this post:

I’ve been out on Madden for at least 5 years now, probably more like 10.

Kind of all sports games, really. They are just way too big of a time drain to play all the games, run all the franchise mode stuff to completion. Unless you are a kid you don’t have all the time anymore once you are working and have a family.

But especially not for one that doesn’t respect my time like Madden. That game has felt exactly the same for 15 years. The animations, player models, etc, everything is the fucking same with a new layer of shine on it. But why should they change? It prints money hand over fist. They’d be insane to risk losing money by changing something and losing any portion of their fanbase whi still buy it rabidly. Meanwhile the game takes forever to sim weeks (seriously, it has to sum the scores of 16 whole games each week, it should accomplish that in about a half a millisecond, not the 30-45 seconds or longer it always takes), even the menus take literal seconds to load in and out of. And since the interface is still so shitty, to do something as simple as navigate through your franchise mode to check some stats, change a lineup, and check the waiver wire, could require like 4-5-6 different menus all of which take seconds upon seconds to load. The whole experience just drags.

And how about the ridiculous fact that they still don’t let you change personnel in sub-packages outside the actual played game? You have to change the players while picking your play! While the play clock ticks down! Fucking retarded! You can set a depth chart in the menus, but you can’t, for example, put Randy Gregory in for Tyrone Crawford at RE in all dime defensive sets before a game. No, Gregory either starts on the depth chart, meaning he’s the starting DE in all sets, or he’s the backup, and he doesn’t start in any sets.

But you’ve only got like 25 seconds to change it all, to do every sub package you want to change, before the play clock expires.

Madness. They just don’t care.

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Exactly.

Madden has been a shitty game for years now and it simply doesn't appeal to me anymore and hasn't for quite some time.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen