Archer: When will Jerry Jones be inducted?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When will Jerry Jones be inducted?

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

CANTON, Ohio – Larry Allen became the fifth Cowboy of the Jerry Jones’ era to earn induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, joining Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Deion Sanders.

Jones has been among the group considered for the Hall of Fame in recent years and should one day be enshrined in Canton for his tenure as the Cowboys owner and general manager.

He has presented Irvin, Smith and Allen for induction. Perhaps one day his sons, Stephen or Jerry Jr., or daughter, Charlotte, will present him for induction.

Stephen Jones, the Cowboys executive vice president, has thought about the day his father goes into the Hall.

“He should be, in my opinion, for what he’s done for the game,” Stephen Jones said. “Obviously I’m biased being his son, but what he’s done for the NFL and the passion he has for the game, you just hope he gets the chance. And I’m sure he will, but you never take something like that for granted. Obviously there’s no bigger fan than myself for my father to one day get that opportunity.”

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry,

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Hopefully, it will be posthumously.

junk

Not So New Member
Oh, he'll get in. Not for his GM role, however.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If he goes into the HOF It will be as owner and GM.

dallen

Senior Tech
I would rather he be indicted

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The sad truth of it is you can't write the history of the NFL without mentioning Jerry Jones. He made a large list of business innovations and on paper won 3 Superbowls. But he has to be nominated to get in, and no one wants to do that while his egomaniacal ass is still alive.

I don't think anyone could take looking at the SEG on that turd's face as he took the podium.

Top Bottom