Broaddus: Local Standouts Set To Take Part In Dallas Day On Wednesday

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Local Standouts Set To Take Part In Dallas Day On Wednesday

Posted 2 hours ago

Bryan Broaddus

Football Analyst/Scout

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys’ scouts will take a break from putting their draft board together on Wednesday to take part in the annual scouting combine known as Dallas Day.

The scouts and coaches will put local college players through a Combine style workout at Cowboys Stadium. The workout will allow Jerry and Stephen Jones and Jason Garrett to interact with those college players that might not have received an opportunity to play in an All Star game or attend the Combine.

College Scouting Coordinator Chris Hall historically has done an outstanding job of putting together a group of players that have Dallas as their hometown, along with players from SMU and TCU who are close to the complex at Valley Ranch, and this year is no different.

Each year, Dallas Day has produced better talent because of the job that programs like SMU and TCU have done with their overall program, and also because of the types of kids that are leaving the area and attending schools across the country.

From the Pro Days I was able to attend at SMU and TCU, players like defensive end Margus Hunt, running back Zach Line, receiver Josh Boyce and running back Matthew Tucker will get their opportunity to visit with the club. Players with hometown ties to Dallas include quarterback Kyle Padron from Eastern Washington, Baylor wide receivers Lanear Sampson and Terrance Williams and Texas A&M receiver Uzoma Nwachukwu. Defensive ends RJ Washington of Oklahoma and DeMontre Moore of Texas A&M will be in as well.

When I worked in the scouting department here, Dallas Day was one of my favorite events because it gave you an opportunity not only to meet some of the top players in the area, but to see some players that might be sixth or seventh round considerations on the board. They could also be players that could become desired priority free agents after the draft. With the success that this team has had with those types of players after the draft, this day has always held great importance

Top Bottom