Shefter: Mike Jenkins signs with Oakland

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Jenkins' career is officially done.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I think he was a wasted pick (along with Jones) not sure I would call him a coward.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I thought he'd go to New Orleans. This guy could play as of about 2 years ago. I don't know if the competitive fire dropped off or what.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Oakland did well bringing in Porter and Jenkins at CB.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I think he was a wasted pick (along with Jones) not sure I would call him a coward.
I would. We watched him play "matador" far too many times when he didn't want to attempt to tackle anyone.

D

Deuce

He's not a coward, he's a cover DB. Lots of them don't want to tackle. When healthy, he was our best CB many times including last season.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Being a Cowboy turns borderline character guys like Jenkins into primadonna fags. Had he started his career in Pittsburgh or New England he'd be fine.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
The coward thing is bullshit...he did have that one play vs the Giants, but he also was a guy that gutted it out with shoulder injuries.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The coward thing is bullshit...he did have that one play vs the Giants, but he also was a guy that gutted it out with shoulder injuries.
The tackle whiffs get blown out of proportion. He's been the one of the few guys on our defense who played with heart.

Oh, you have a shoulder that keeps popping out of place? Why are you diving to break up passes? You are a gutless wonderfag! We have no room for pansies like you, so we'll sign craptastic Scandrick to a multi-year deal!

Jenkins gets no respect because of one play.

If I recall correctly, Jenkins was even holding down the slot last year...a position he'd never played before and did a good job.

The only beef I had with the guy was he is injury prone.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I agree. The whole coward thing was blown way out of proportion. I think the guy can be a player in this league if he gets healthy. I'd bet that he has a long career.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He showed he could play through pain, but his tackling was for shit and was pretty much a liability.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Being a Cowboy turns borderline character guys like Jenkins into primadonna fags. Had he started his career in Pittsburgh or New England he'd be fine.
Given that his reputation was not exactly sterling coming out of college, this is not a given.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I agree with the others who say he got a bad rap.

I always liked Jenkins and I wish he had gotten Scandrick's money.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Scandrick might very well be the better nickle corner than Jenkins.

But I agree Jenkins got a bad rap. He is a primadonna, but he can play when healthy. In fact, he's a legit quality starting corner. The Raiders may have gotten a steal.

Top Bottom