Soccer Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
We are potentially headed for a Barca, Real, Bayern and Dortmund semi Final lineup.

Could be very enjoyable.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Barcelona is guaranteed to be league champions.

If Messi is 100% healthy, then they should beat PSG and advance to the semifinals of the CL too.

Someone told me Barcelona were done winning major titles. :art

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like this final 4, I really like Dortmund, hopefully they can shock everybody and win it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Bayern really are quite good.
I knew Barcelona would lose today and I had a feeling it could get ugly.

Barcelona have struggled in 2013. Injuries, playing without a manager, and a horrendous defense have all played a part in their inconsistent play.

They were awful against Milan in the 1st leg but mustered up one more genius performance to overcome that deficit and advance. I wasn't sure which Barcelona would show up for PSG, but again, they did enough to advance.

Today, however, they faced what I believe to be the best team in Europe and the defensive lapses that have plagued them all year were punished to the max.

I'm not upset about it either. I knew Barcelona were due and I can accept losing to this excellent Bayern side.

There are only 2 prestigious titles a team can win each season - one is the domestic league title and the other is the Champion's League. We're going to win one and get to the semifinal of the other, and that to me is a pretty damn good season especially when you take into account all that Barcelona had to overcome to get this far.

Hopefully, they'll get a desperately needed CB and a winger/striker for next season and we'll be right back in the mix for more titles.

Carl

RIP Brother
Maybe I am wrong in this, but I have always thought the domestic league was the best prize and anything else was a bonus. So Barca get the credit for sure.

Having said that, you know Mourinho is a different animal; and having won La Liga last year, his focus would be elsewhere this time around.

Madrid have gotten better and better as the season has progressed. I expect them now to win the Champions League.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Madrid have gotten better and better as the season has progressed. I expect them now to win the Champions League.
Bayern Munich are the best team in Europe and they, not Madrid, will win the CL.

Last edited:

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
The Germans are just kicking ass... Funny how you don't hear them mentioned as one of the top leagues.

I guess that is about to change.

D

Deuce

Bundesliga is on TV quite a bit. Lots of good players in that league, though Bayern gets the elite.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Germans are just kicking ass... Funny how you don't hear them mentioned as one of the top leagues.

I guess that is about to change.
The Bundesliga has been considered a top 3 league in the world for a good 5 years now, at least.

What these two teams are doing is no surprise to anyone who follows the game closely.

Carl

RIP Brother
Madrid were dreadful. Give the Germans credit though.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
An all German CL final, Mourinho looks to be headed back to Chelsea, and Fergie is retiring.

Lots of interesting things going on right now.

D

Deuce

Man U names David Moyes manager. His first demand should be to bring Tim Howard along with him. Even at 34, he's still a pimp.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Man U names David Moyes manager. His first demand should be to bring Tim Howard along with him. Even at 34, he's still a pimp.
Howard has always been a solid GK, but I think United will be more than happy to stick with the rising David De Gea.

Besides, with a first name like that, how can he go wrong? :art

As for Moyes, he's never overseen a club of this magnitude so it's going to be interesting to see how he does. I think they went for him as opposed to a higher profile name because Ferguson has created a culture there that rewards patience and longevity, and Moyes is the type of manager who will stick around and not do the 3 or 4 year thing then leave.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Barcelona are your 2012-2013 La Liga champions.

Suck it, Mourinho.

:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom