Cowboys in talks with Winston

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
According to Schefter...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12s
Cowboys now in talks to sign former Chiefs OT Eric Winston.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 2m
Per @PFF, Eric Winston ranked No. 26 among OTs last season (9th among RTs). Doug Free ranked 66th. Would be significant upgrade for Cowboys.

Carl

RIP Brother
I think he would be a nice addition. Then add a guard and off we go.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Is this a good thing???

Carp

DCC 4Life
Damn...these were new underwear.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Per @PFF, Eric Winston ranked No. 26 among OTs last season (9th among RTs). Doug Free ranked 66th. Would be significant upgrade for Cowboys.
Good player but Clabo and Andre Smith were both higher ranked RTs last year. Still an improvement obviously over Free.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I was wondering if he was still any good. Figured he must be OK since lots of people on this board have been hoping for him but I wasn't certain if that was because he's Eric Winston or because it was an "anyone but Doug Free" mindset. Sounds like he has something left and he doesn't turn 30 until November. Would be nice to add him and designate Free as a June 1 cut.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The best part of this is that at least they are looking at RT candidates and are not just set on hoping Free will rebound.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Winston, Cowboys talking
Posted by Mike Florio on April 8, 2013, 3:44 PM EDT

Tackle Eric Winston continues to look for a job. He could be finding one in Dallas.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Cowboys and Winston currently are in talks regarding a possible contract.

If Winston joins the Cowboys, that could seal the fate of Doug Free in Dallas. Free’s future has been the subject of much speculation, and having Winston under contract would allow the Cowboys to either dump Free or squeeze him into doing a much less favorable deal.

Winston surprisingly was released by the Chiefs, with whom he signed last year after surprisingly being released by the Texans.

Cotton

Staff member
The best part of this is that at least they are looking at RT candidates and are not just set on hoping Free will rebound.
Absolutely. This is a good sign. Hopefully, this mentality will continue.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 31m
“@landonmccool: @BryanBroaddus Are you saying the Winston report is overblown?” How about not true. Check who is agent is.

Screw you, Schefter!

Carp

DCC 4Life
Feh. I believe Schefter more than Broadus...he is probably reporting what Jerry wants him to.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know. Rosenhaus is his agent and he is notorious for chumming the waters for his clients.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't see how him doing that would endear his client to the Cowboys though. Other teams I guess, but the Cowboys are one of the last teams I would want to burn bridges with considering the money J doles out.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, I agree with you, but he has done it in the past, so I'm not sure I would put it past him. I hope you're right, but Rosenhaus is a snake.

Top Bottom