Report: Bucs are getting impatient with Revis situation

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Bucs are getting impatient with Revis situation

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 8, 2013, 6:38 AM EDT

The Buccaneers want to make it known that they can’t be strung along forever on the Darrelle Revis trade front.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Bucs are growing impatient with the process of acquiring Revis in a trade with the Jets. The Bucs have long been viewed as the most likely trading partner if the Jets decide to get rid of Revis, who is their best player but is also coming off a torn ACL, entering the final year of his contract, and likely to demand huge money in a new contract in 2014.

According to Cole, the Buccaneers are willing to trade first-, third- and sixth-round picks for Revis, and the Bucs are also willing to pay Revis $15-16 million a year on a long-term contract.

But if the Bucs are offering all that and it hasn’t yet resulted in a deal getting done, the Bucs may be starting to think a deal simply isn’t going to get done.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
1st, 3rd and 6th plus all that money for a CB?

No thanks.

I'm not on that CB's-are-worthless bandwagon like some are, but that is still too much to give for that position.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If they would give up all that for Revis, imagine what they would give us for Scandrick.

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
I wouldn't give that much for a corner. They're overrated. Give me a good front seven and any corner looks good in the secondary.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
1,3, and 6? GTFO of here.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
1st, 3rd and 6th plus all that money for a CB?

No thanks.

I'm not on that CB's-are-worthless bandwagon like some are, but that is still too much to give for that position.
Are you kidding? Shit, that's a bargain!! [/lipsmack]:tehj

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm worried the Jets might take an OG with one of those 1st's if they get the 13th although they have strong needs at WR, OLB and OT, not to mention QB and I guess CB if they trade Revis so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Top Bottom