Now That The Cowboys Are Out Of It....

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What do you want to see happen?

Try to see what you have on the roster for the future or just lose out?

Rooting for another team to get through it?

Getting disinterested in general?

I can't say I have a preference for anything right now. I got sucked in to the playoff run crap and through for certain there might be a chance to go for a few weeks until it collapsed. That momentary excitement lasted a week. Just pretty numb right now. Don't even feel like watching the NFL in general, it's been an awful year.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Disinterested. And more so by the year. Even last year didn't get my blood pumping like it used to. Getting old or just used to losing. I don't know.

I'd rather just lose for draft postition, honestly. Don't know if there is a QB worth taking high though. Heard it was a meh year for QBs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Disinterested. And more so by the year. Even last year didn't get my blood pumping like it used to. Getting old or just used to losing. I don't know.

I'd rather just lose for draft postition, honestly. Don't know if there is a QB worth taking high though. Heard it was a meh year for QBs.
Losing out will hopefully be a natural thing, rather than the team quitting. They are so stupid, they couldn't even quit right and probably trip on their own dicks doing so.

I know some people are all impressed by the "fight" in this team. That's all you see now and will see for the next nine months until camp.

Not me. Not impressed a bit. All it means is that try hard crap will just carry over, get mixed with excuses and hope, only to emerge next season, with some Jones horseshit icing on top to repeat itself.

They will continue with the same tried and true mentality that got us 8-8 at best save a fortunate 2014.

Nobody realizes it is broken. And that is the most depressing part of it all. Nobody is angry. Nobody.

I don't even think the culture is good enough to ever win consistently. They can't handle success. Once they experience even a glimmer of it, you see the same Super Bowl bluster and hype and that is not going to change. They never really do look in that mirror. And what they do reflected back is a product of good lighting.

p1_

DCC 4Life
While it will be hard to watch the remainder of this shit show season, it's clear we need to focus on the future. This is now a part of the 2016 preseason, and I think we need to be in full eval mode. Early focus on the draft and free agency is my Cowboys mode. Otherwise I will hope for perhaps the Cardinals to end the Panthers bid for a Super Bowl run. That, and whomever can knock the Patriots on their ass.

oh, and I think I don't have to worry about wanting to lose out for draft position, cause I think we will lose out anyway. I hope Garrett can be held to account for his part in this debacle, but I think that's not happening.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
Losing out will hopefully be a natural thing, rather than the team quitting. They are so stupid, they couldn't even quit right and probably trip on their own dicks doing so.

I know some people are all impressed by the "fight" in this team. That's all you see now and will see for the next nine months until camp.

Not me. Not impressed a bit. All it means is that try hard crap will just carry over, get mixed with excuses and hope, only to emerge next season, with some Jones horseshit icing on top to repeat itself.

They will continue with the same tried and true mentality that got us 8-8 at best save a fortunate 2014.

Nobody realizes it is broken. And that is the most depressing part of it all. Nobody is angry. Nobody.

I don't even think the culture is good enough to ever win consistently. They can't handle success. Once they experience even a glimmer of it, you see the same Super Bowl bluster and hype and that is not going to change. They never really do look in that mirror. And what they do reflected back is a product of good lighting.
Sadly, I must give you props for calling last season's perfect storm aberration for what is was. Well played, sir.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
While it will be hard to watch the remainder of this shit show season, it's clear we need to focus on the future. This is now a part of the 2016 preseason, and I think we need to be in full eval mode.
Evaluate what?

My big problem with "the future" thing is that there really is not much to look at in terms of "hey, let's see what this guy can do".

I think Byron Jones is going to be good. Same goes for Collins. I don't need to see much more of them to have them prove they can play.

Gregory? Eh. I want to give him a pass for the high ankle, but I still have my doubts.

David Irving? Maybe. But Marinelli's doglike devotion to Hayden doesn't make that possible.

Damien Wilson, Mark Nzeocha, Ryan Russell, Geoff Swaim, please. They are all too raw or untalented to even waste time with.

We have seen others that are supposed to be up-and-coming severely disappoint.

Tyrone Crawford was an awful investment. So was Shrimp Beasley.

Devin Street simply cannot play, Brice Butler has Miles Austin's hamstrings. Forget about Escobust ever developing beyond what he is.

And then you look at the team's stars.

Bryant? Let's just say Josh Norman has a point.

Hardy? Looks like his balls got cut off by the media and he's lost what fueled his play before.

Lee? No real desire to see him get hurt again.

Witten? Sorry, time for Mr. Cowboy 2.0 to hang up the cleats. He can still play okay, but the problem is as long as he's out there, they will never phase him out of the offensive profile. He will never fade into a secondary role like say Gonzalez did.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
I'd be developing young players and seeing if they have any promise. Looks like some youth experiments have already been answered. Devin Street was a disappointment as were those draftees on online.

This season is toast. So pretend like we're working on next year now.

What should this team do with a top 5 pick? FA? Our current young players? That's what I'm looking at

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I usually just find another team to root for during these times. Usually a team that isnt very good but making a run to satisfy my football needs for the end of the season. I will probably join in on the Arizona bandwagon.

As far as the Cowboys I may be a bad fan but I root for embarrassment because that usually spurns change. I also find myself not chained to the TV on Sundays and thats nice, too. It might be different if I believed in the front office but I dont so its hard to watch the so called future of this team. Usually just have to hope for lightning in a bottle like last year.

Last edited:

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The team played this year the way I thought last year would play out.

I disengaged my emotional attachment after the 2nd 8-8 year. It will take something special for me to get that back. At this point I am losing interest. I've never been able to just watch any football game. I had to have a vested interest in the teams playing. Not really the case anymore because I would just like to see some decent football being played.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It might be different if I believed in the front office but I dont so its hard to watch the so called future of this team. Usually just have to hope for lightning in a bottle like last year.
Pretty much.

The front office will always be a problem until Jones is out of the picture. His constant marketing and pathological optimism are a bad combination to ever build a consistent methodical winner from year to year.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think I'll watch the OSU Michigan game.

WOLVERINES!!

Maybe a real coach in Ann Arbor will fire up some old passion.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Evaluate what?

My big problem with "the future" thing is that there really is not much to look at in terms of "hey, let's see what this guy can do".

I think Byron Jones is going to be good. Same goes for Collins. I don't need to see much more of them to have them prove they can play.

Gregory? Eh. I want to give him a pass for the high ankle, but I still have my doubts.

David Irving? Maybe. But Marinelli's doglike devotion to Hayden doesn't make that possible.

Damien Wilson, Mark Nzeocha, Ryan Russell, Geoff Swaim, please. They are all too raw or untalented to even waste time with.

Devin Street simply cannot play, Brice Butler has Miles Austin's hamstrings. Forget about Escobust ever developing beyond what he is.

Hardy? Looks like his balls got cut off by the media and he's lost what fueled his play before.

Witten? Sorry, time for Mr. Cowboy 2.0 to hang up the cleats. He can still play okay, but the problem is as long as he's out there, they will never phase him out of the offensive profile. He will never fade into a secondary role like say Gonzalez did.
CUT EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Thanks for your worthless input.

And oh yeah, fire Garrett.
Wasn't much better than your worthless input, but I try. You just shit on everything, rinse, dry and repeat.

There are bright spots here on a team that has had just a horrible run of injury luck and some all timer inability to get turnovers and pressure despite a substantial commitment to the DL.

Now before you go make this about coaching, just assume that I was on board with all that -- if you were to hire the right replacement (a tall task with Jones on board) -- this is not a bottom of the barrel team that will be starting over in 2016. In fact if you land a QB in the draft you are set up pretty decently.

They will be better in 2016 no matter what they do at coach and QB just because everything that could go wrong this year, has. It won't happen again next year because it never does. Doesn't mean Super Bowl, and so that shouldn't be good enough, but it won't be 5-11 either.

But everyone is in woe is me, everything sucks mode right now, so whatever. You shoulda done your mourning when Romo went down in week 3... this outcome is not surprising.

shane

DCC 4Life
I don't think it's as bad as you guys say. Of course, Jerry 'I need some glory hole' Jones will make an ass of himself but it seems like the talent evaluation has improved a great deal. They are really close to being a team that can really dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the football. I would like to see them pick up an impact DT or LB with a high pick, and shore up the RB position in the draft. Then they'd be in good shape to plug someone in at QB like how AZ did with Carson Palmer after Romo's finished.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't think it's as bad as you guys say.
It's not.

It's like people have never seen a team lose their starting QB for the year before.

Then they'd be in good shape to plug someone in at QB like how AZ did with Carson Palmer after Romo's finished.
Whoa there.

You've been given a gift here like the Colts when Manning was lost for that season. You can get a free shot at a high end QB potentially.

You don't pass that up for LB help unless it's Lawrence Taylor and maybe not even then.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wasn't much better than your worthless input, but I try. You just shit on everything, rinse, dry and repeat.
That is because you don't bother to look for it. Made it pretty clear who I felt was worth looking at and who was not, what I was pleased with and not.

But unless I create an excuse to see something positive out of one of the most disappointing seasons in team history, you are just going to not even bother to engage in the discussion.

There are bright spots here on a team that has had just a horrible run of injury luck and some all timer inability to get turnovers and pressure despite a substantial commitment to the DL.
So what are they? All I see here is a vague statement about bright spots and then the injury excuse. And what makes the inability to get turnovers and pressure?
Now before you go make this about coaching, just assume that I was on board with all that -- if you were to hire the right replacement (a tall task with Jones on board) -- this is not a bottom of the barrel team that will be starting over in 2016. In fact if you land a QB in the draft you are set up pretty decently.
You make this same silly argument every effing year. We all know you have no interest in replacing the head coach.

And your "right replacement" doesn't exist, right?

And how exactly are we set up decently with a young QB?

Is Garrett going to groom him? Is Wade Wilson?

What track record do either have doing a damn thing with a QB? You know the answer to this question but won't admit it.

They will be better in 2016 no matter what they do at coach and QB just because everything that could go wrong this year, has. It won't happen again next year because it never does. Doesn't mean Super Bowl, and so that shouldn't be good enough, but it won't be 5-11 either.
And that means, what? 8-8 because it is clear by the sheer totality of Garrett's tenure that is what you are going to expect unless that darn luck thing just swings our way.

Wholesale changes in philosophy are needed, we have been doing the same stale things since 2007.

How is that going to happen?

I know Garrett is Jones' perfect foil. So yeah, firing him ain't going to happen.

But is he flexible enough to realize the same things he has done since 2007 aren't working when you don't have Romo recreating it at the line of scrimmage?

So please, explain and I'll take my call off the air.

But everyone is in woe is me, everything sucks mode right now, so whatever. You shoulda done your mourning when Romo went down in week 3... this outcome is not surprising.
Pretty much did. Ya know, those seven straight losses kinda told everyone what we are really about.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's not.

It's like people have never seen a team lose their starting QB for the year before.
Lost Romo when Garrett sabotaged Phillips to get his job.

Except then, he was playing to win football games and went 5-3 with frigging Jon Kitna and a less talented club.

Next.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not.

Whoa there.

You've been given a gift here like the Colts when Manning was lost for that season. You can get a free shot at a high end QB potentially.

You don't pass that up for LB help unless it's Lawrence Taylor and maybe not even then.
I couldn't agree with you more here. Unless of course the QB crop just looks bad but I don't think that's the case at all.

I'd love a stud DT but not only do I think it won't happen but you can call me unimpressed with thay turd from Ole Miss. I am very jealous of what the Panthers have done at DT. I loved Short in the draft and wanted him bad. They have just such a stout DT spot that it allows the LBers to roam free. That's what we should have.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Evaluate what?

I would like to evaluate:

1)Kellen Moore - I have zero idea of what he brings and now is a great time to find out.

2) Also, a healthy dose of all running backs not named McFadden, Turbin already looking good. No idea on the other two. Now's the time.

Top Bottom