Archer: Cowboys add two to practice squad

Carp

DCC 4Life
IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys made two practice-squad moves Tuesday, re-signing linebacker Keith Smith and adding wide receiver LaRon Byrd.

To make room for Byrd, the Cowboys released Tim Benford.

Smith was cut on Monday when the Cowboys added safety Jakar Hamilton to 53-man roster after his roster exemption expired. With injuries to Rolando McClain (groin) and Bruce Carter (quadriceps), it is possible Smith will be re-signed to the active roster by the end of the week.

Byrd was cut last week by the Cleveland Browns. He appeared in one game but did not have a catch. The Browns claimed Byrd off waivers after he caught seven passes for 103 yards and a touchdown in the preseason for the Cowboys.

Landry

DCC 4Life
IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys made two practice-squad moves Tuesday, re-signing linebacker Keith Smith and adding wide receiver LaRon Byrd.

To make room for Byrd, the Cowboys released Tim Benford.

Smith was cut on Monday when the Cowboys added safety Jakar Hamilton to 53-man roster after his roster exemption expired. With injuries to Rolando McClain (groin) and Bruce Carter (quadriceps), it is possible Smith will be re-signed to the active roster by the end of the week.

Byrd was cut last week by the Cleveland Browns. He appeared in one game but did not have a catch. The Browns claimed Byrd off waivers after he caught seven passes for 103 yards and a touchdown in the preseason for the Cowboys.
I wonder what the story is with Toomer, who we got from Seattle.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah...I liked the addition. Spillman came right in and helped quickly on STs, not sure why he cannot do at least that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Apparently, the coaches and scouts are at odds about him. They scouts obviously believe he can contribute since they picked him up, but it's been reported that the coaches aren't comfortable with putting him on the field. IMO, the coaches should trust the scouts to do their jobs properly.

Top Bottom