MLB Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
This Jose Fernandez kid for Miami is absolutely filthy.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like the Mets letting Kiner do Sunday games, but he had a stroke or something...no idea what he is saying.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Twins still have a winning record. :towel

Better throw that out there. Might be the only time I can this year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Harrison is shitting the bed so far this year. It's very disturbing.

D

Deuce

Nothing like going to see your stud pitch and him putting up his worst career outing.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Braves won again.

160-1?

It's possible.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Josh still doing the same stuff he was doing last season. Any team that doesnt throw breaking stuff low and away every pitch deserves what they get.

Cotton

Staff member
What's cool about Josh is he is a known quitter faggot, so if he keeps this up he will quit on the Angels just like he has quite a few times in the past.

Rev

Staff member
Here is a quote from DMN that helps explain why Hamilton is being booed even more:

"At game’s end, fans chanted “Baseball Town! Baseball Town!” Hamilton smiled and made-believe like he was throwing a football pass to them."

Hamilton is mocking the fans on purpose. He loves to mock Rangers fans and bring attention to himself.

He started the entire bru-ha-ha with his smart-*** remarks about this not being a baseball town. He craves the attention and won't stop needling Ranger fans. I've come to the conclusion even his wife made up all the stuff about needing extra security. No one was ejected from the stands and all we saw were the same kind of good-humored taunts that Hamilton started.

Hamilton started all this with his trash-talk following some understandable booing. He trashed the Ranger FO, the fans and the city. And he refuses to apologize, instead making things worse ON PURPOSE to get as much mileage out of this as he can.

The booing was a completely normal and understandable response to some very crappy play. Pujols was booed last April. It's normal stuff when someone does so poorly in the field. Hamilton makes it all worse with his smirks and flippant remarks. He should have said "It's understandable why Ranger fans booed because it's not like I had my best days towards the end of that regretfull season, and for that I apologize and can only work harder to make sure it does not happen again, for the fans, front office and owners who are so gracious to give me this job."

Instead he blamed it all on the fans. Then he blamed the front office for him leaving. Like many alcoholics, he's a blamer and does not take responsibility for his own actions. And like many alcoholics, he's a drama queen who brings attention to himself while not recognizing the feelings of others.

At this point we can only assume he's doing this on purpose for the attention it brings. It's gone on too long. By now he knows it riles up the fans. Yet he keeps doing it. He can't hit a baseball anymore, so this is all he has left to stay in the limelight.

Rev

Staff member
MLB Network Radio ‏@MLBNetworkRadio 6h
Daniels on Profar: "He’s going to play SS 70-80 % of the time and 2B the balance of the time at AAA."

umm.. not sure what this means. You would think he would be getting more time at 2nd.

Guess keeping the trade options open?

Cotton

Staff member
MLB Network Radio ‏@MLBNetworkRadio 6h
Daniels on Profar: "He’s going to play SS 70-80 % of the time and 2B the balance of the time at AAA."

umm.. not sure what this means. You would think he would be getting more time at 2nd.

Guess keeping the trade options open?
Yeah, I thought it was a given most of his time would be at 2nd as well.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
For the record.....Hamilton is right. Dallas is not a baseball town. Never has been.

In Dallas, and the state of Texas a whole, football reigns supreme.

Sure there's some buzz surrounding the Rangers now due to the success they've had over the last few years, but the Rangers have always competed with the Mavericks for the rights to second place in the hearts and minds of Dallas area sport fans.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't give a damn if he's right about the city, he is a quitter queer boy drug addict. He always will be.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
For the record.....Hamilton is right. Dallas is not a baseball town. Never has been.

In Dallas, and the state of Texas a whole, football reigns supreme.

Sure there's some buzz surrounding the Rangers now due to the success they've had over the last few years, but the Rangers have always competed with the Mavericks for the rights to second place in the hearts and minds of Dallas area sport fans.
That this area is more football nuts is and always will be true, but for that moron to say this isn't a baseball town or to insult the fans is nuts. The Rangers have gotten support here from the day they first came to Arlington in 72. The fact of the matter is that the Rangers fans have been treated to bad baseball for years excluding the brief winning stint under Johnny Oats. That idiot was here for 4 years and despite his incredibly stupid antics he got more fand love, and team support than any player in baseball. He is the last person that has a right to say anything negative about this area or the Rangers. This area will always support teams that try even through lean years (evidenced by the local support all the teams here get even when performing poorly)

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
Harrison is shitting the bed so far this year. It's very disturbing.

Price, Strasbourg, Dickey, Cain and Hamels all shat the bed in their starts. Still too early to worry.

Top Bottom