OMG Teh Frederick BREAKS ARMS!!!

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Former Wisconsin coach and current Arkansas coach Bret Bielema joined the Fitzsimmons & Durrett show on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM on Friday to talk about his former player Travis Frederick, who the Cowboys took in the first round of the NFL Draft. Here are some highlights.

On whether Frederick has a nasty streak:

"Unfortunately, he has an extreme nastiness. I had to get on him a few of times. He broke a couple guys’ arms and wrists by throwing them down on the ground and whacking them a little bit after the play, on our own team. … There were a couple players this year in our league, Michigan State, Illinois, had some premier defensive tackles over the years and he took a lot of pride when he had the face-to-face competition with those guys."

On where he thought Frederick would be picked:

"I’m probably an optimist. I thought both him and Monte Ball both had a chance to go in the first round. … We had a guy that the Cowboys took in the seventh a couple years back that couldn’t even start for us and he started for them as a rookie. Just the reputation we built there is one I want to continue."

"The other thing I think people lose sight of, you want this immediate impact, the one thing I think that Travis will bring is he’s going to be a player in the league for a long time. He’s extremely physical, he’s a hard worker, he’s mentally tough, he’s not going to be a primma donna that’s one and done in the first contract, or two or three years. I could see this guy playing in the NFL for a very long time."

data

Forbes #1
We had a guy that the Cowboys took in the seventh a couple years back that couldn’t even start for us and he started for them as a rookie.
:lol
I am not sure if he intended this to be a dig at the cowboys in addition to boasting about his players, but it's funny regardless.

Stars

DCC 4Life
By the thread title, I thought he had already broken his arm.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
He hurt people... on his own team... in practice... after the play? Sounds like an idiot.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Looks like we drafted a fat chuck norris. Who thinks Jerry's dumb now?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
He hurt people... on his own team... in practice... after the play? Sounds like an idiot.
That was my exact thought. I like a player, especially a trench player, with a nasty streak. However, only a moron inflicts injury upon his own teammates in practice. Shows a lack of self control.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
That was my exact thought. I like a player, especially a trench player, with a nasty streak. However, only a moron inflicts injury upon his own teammates in practice. Shows a lack of self control.
Steroid suspension in 5....4....3.....2....

dallen

Senior Tech
:lol
I am not sure if he intended this to be a dig at the cowboys in addition to boasting about his players, but it's funny regardless.
Brett Bielema is almost Parcells-ian in the way he handles the media I'm really enjoying his tenure so far

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
I hope Frederick doesn't break Ratliff's brittle old ass when the inevitable DT/C camp fights start up.

Top Bottom