ESPN: Draft Grades

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Only 6% of ESPN visitors gave the Cowboys an A. Maybe some of our retarded fans have found other teams to root for.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
How many years in a row has there been a plan to more utilize a two-TE set?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
And lol @ Watkins. You got a starter anywhere in the first? A++++!

Cotton

Staff member
How many years in a row has there been a plan to more utilize a two-TE set?
At least 7. Fasano was drafted in '06.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not sure, but with Williams and Escobar we are pretty much going empty backfield.

As an aside...Williams is my favorite pick by a ton. He looks so damn smooth...I had envisioned a smaller, quicker guy, but he and Dez have a chance to beast on the edges. Austin was effective out of the slot for a long time and Harris can do that too.

Cotton

Staff member
And lol @ Watkins. You got a starter anywhere in the first? A++++!
He is unbearable anymore. Notice they only used his take once.

Cotton

Staff member
Not sure, but with Williams and Escobar we are pretty much going empty backfield.

As an aside...Williams is my favorite pick by a ton. He looks so damn smooth...I had envisioned a smaller, quicker guy, but he and Dez have a chance to beast on the edges. Austin was effective out of the slot for a long time and Harris can do that too.
I agree. If they give Romo any amount of time at all to get rid of the ball our passing game is going to be monstrous. But, yet again, that's a big if.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Love how Watkins gave our first two questionable picks a high grade and then gives some of our better picks low grades.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
A D for the Frederick pick is kind of ridiculous. Overall it wasn't a great draft but it wasn't a disaster either. We could reasonably get 3 starters out of this.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I'd give us a C-. It could be worse, but unfortunately it's not the type of draft that closes the gap between us and the top teams in the league, and in fact, I think the gap got wider. Teams like SF, Seattle, Balt, Cincy, NYG, Pitts all had very good drafts. And then you get other teams on par or worse than us that had solid drafts.

I will say the Yahoo Jason Cole "F" grade is a bit much. Of course alot is riding on Frederick being a solid long term starter and Escobar having far more success than Fasano/Bennett. But just having an average to below avg draft isn't going to get us back into contention.

D

Deuce

A D for the Frederick pick is kind of ridiculous. Overall it wasn't a great draft but it wasn't a disaster either. We could reasonably get 3 starters out of this.
I agree. I think Frederick starts from day 1, Williams once Austin is cut, Escobar will be on the field enough to basically be a starter and Wilcox will be forced on the field at some point.

Lotuseater

Banned
I hate comparing players but he reminds me of Harper.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I agree. I think Frederick starts from day 1, Williams once Austin is cut, Escobar will be on the field enough to basically be a starter and Wilcox will be forced on the field at some point.
Yep. And honestly, I think Randle sees the field a lot, too (both out of necessity/injury and legit playing his way onto the field).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep. And honestly, I think Randle sees the field a lot, too (both out of necessity/injury and legit playing his way onto the field).
That is true and I think BW will eventually become our nickle corner and will fill the fourth corner role for now. I'm guessing he will see the field some.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I was looking at Webb's clips this morning...excuse me, watching game tape...and the guy made plays all over the field. I love me some Black Wiener.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Like any of those morans know who any of these players are, regardless of the grade.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
BW appears to be talented. He seems comfortable before the play just dangling there. Once the play starts he's flapping in the wind like no other. BW is one of the smoothest and slickest ones to come out of the draft. I love BW.

Top Bottom