No elbow surgery scheduled for DeMarcus Ware

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No elbow surgery scheduled for DeMarcus Ware

Posted by Josh Alper on February 6, 2014, 8:28 AM EST

When the 2013 season came to an end for the Cowboys, defensive end DeMarcus Ware said that he would likely have arthroscopic surgery on his right elbow in hopes of avoiding the bothersome pain caused by bone fragments over the last two seasons.

Ware put off surgery last offseason as he chose to get his shoulder repaired surgically instead and chose to rest the elbow. While that didn’t take care of the issue once and for all, David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reports that no surgery has been scheduled at this point either. Ware’s expected to have the elbow examined later this month and a decision will be made on how to proceed at that point.

The elbow injury is one of several aches and pains that have nagged Ware over the last couple of years, including a quad injury that forced him to miss games for the first time in his career last season. All of those injuries have limited Ware’s practice time, something coach Jason Garrett wants to see change in 2014 whether or not Ware winds up having an operation on his elbow.

Another change could be coming to Ware’s contract. He’s due to make $26 million over the next two years and the combination of Ware’s diminished production in 2013 and the team’s overall cap condition make it something that may be revisited this offseason. Ware’s not thought to be open to a pay cut, though, which would mean pushing more money into either 2015 or future seasons if the two sides agreed on an extension.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He will probably have it done in May in order to avoid a rigorous training camp. If he has it scheduled later that will tell me a lot about him. The fact that he is allowing it to go unattended tells me something.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He will probably have it done in May in order to avoid a rigorous training camp. If he has it scheduled later that will tell me a lot about him. The fact that he is allowing it to go unattended tells me something.
I think if he were really committed to being in the Cowboys plans for this year (and vice versa), he'd be getting this done now if has been nagging for two years.

But I think he is taking the Jay Ratliff approach and will just "wait and see".

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck DeMarcus Ware and his 16 million dollar cap hit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think if he were really committed to being in the Cowboys plans for this year (and vice versa), he'd be getting this done now if has been nagging for two years.

But I think he is taking the Jay Ratliff approach and will just "wait and see".
We agree on that but the mode is more deliberate than just wait and see. Although I get your drift.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Ware has been a favorite of mine since he ws drafted but i think its about time to blow this team up. Eat the cap this season and start fresh in 2015. There just isn't any real leadership on this team, and the few that could be we can't afford to keep or they can't stay on the field because of injuries. Ware should be a dominant leader in the locker room, he doesn't have the personality to pull it off though.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Ware has been a favorite of mine since he ws drafted but i think its about time to blow this team up. Eat the cap this season and start fresh in 2015. There just isn't any real leadership on this team, and the few that could be we can't afford to keep or they can't stay on the field because of injuries. Ware should be a dominant leader in the locker room, he doesn't have the personality to pull it off though.
I agree. Blow it the fuck up.

Rebuild around: Smith, Bryant, and Frederick.

Welcome to Stay: Witten, Harris, Scandrick, Crawford, Williams, Leary, Hannah, Murray, and Wilber. And I guess fucking Beasley too. Sheesh we are bad.

Only if a great coach can motivate: Claiborne, Free, Carter, and Escobar.

Funk the rest and their ancient, injury prone, overpriced asses.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I agree. Blow it the fuck up.

Rebuild around: Smith, Bryant, and Frederick.

Welcome to Stay: Witten, Harris, Scandrick, Crawford, Williams, Leary, Hannah, Murray, and Wilber. And I guess fucking Beasley too. Sheesh we are bad.

Only if a great coach can motivate: Claiborne, Free, Carter, and Escobar.

Funk the rest and their ancient, injury prone, overpriced asses.
You have a problem with Church making like 2 mil a year?

Top Bottom