105.3 RAGE is cancelled

vince

Not So New Member
The Fan cancels RAGE, relationship with Greg Williams, Richie Whitt
By BARRY HORN
Published: 15 April 2013 02:03 PM

Gavin Spittle, who oversees operations at 105.3 FM The Fan, said Monday that Richie Whitt and Greg Williams are no longer at the station because of poor ratings. The afternoon drive hosts were fired before their show could air.

"We need to be more competitive in that time period," Spittle said.

He refused to speculate on permanent replacements although Ben & Skin, Spittle favorites, parted ways with ESPN-FM 103.3 last month.
Latest ratings released Monday showed Whitt and Williams managed a 2.6 for March in the vital men 25-54 demographic. That was tied for 18th in
the market. From 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., The Ticket's Hardline was No. 1 at 8.9. ESPN's Galloway and Company was 11th at 3.0.

Tweets from Williams and Whitt sent news of their exit earlier in the day.

Williams: "ATENTION FanFans...I just got fired by station...not much reason given..but now I've been fired by all three sports station"

Whitt: 'Dead 'n Gone. Fired as a show by CBS today. Maddening. For now I'll just say thanks to all FanFans for their loyal support.'

Williams has worked with radio host Randy Galloway on WBAP-AM 820 and with Mike Rhyner on The Hardline on KTCK-AM 1310 in his career in Dallas that extends back to 1987. He also has worked ESPN Dallas at 103.3 FM.

Witt has been a reporter at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and a blogger for the Dallas Observer.

The show, titled RAGE, appeared weekdays from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. and no longer appears on the station's website.

For those in the DFW area.

Can't say I was much of a fan of them but I had some respect for some of their work.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nice. Richie Whitt is a fucking hack. I'm glad he is gone.

tnt

Whoa An Active DCCer
I rarely listen to the fan, it seems to be split up by commercials more than the other two.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I kind of have given up on sports radio right now. I listen to Jay Mohr sometimesbut my local guys here in Vegas are boring and there is just not much I want to listen to.

PS--Cowherd can blow me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I like the Ticket with Norm, and Bob and Dan, but yeah, it's mostly commercials it seems.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Is this the show that had the fake Jerry and the crew?

dallen

Senior Tech
I kind of have given up on sports radio right now. I listen to Jay Mohr sometimesbut my local guys here in Vegas are boring and there is just not much I want to listen to.

PS--Cowherd can blow me.
Cowherd is a sports version of O'Reilly

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I still enjoy the Dan Patrick Show. I used to be big into Rome but after 8 years I grew bored of his shtick.

tnt

Whoa An Active DCCer
The Ticket has fake Jerry, fake Tiger and so on.

Top Bottom