Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well fvck. My other half has liver cancer

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Since I started this, I'll keep it updated.

    She's going to IU hospital down in Indy to have a good hunk of her liver removed on Wednesday because even with three major hospitals around here, there are no surgeons up here that do that sort of thing.

    It's around 200 miles south of here and her sister is going to take her since I've never driven down there and I don't want to screw up and get lost since I'm awful with directions.

    The good news is, it's operable and livers will regenerate on their own. It's supposed to be outpatient surgery but I'm skeptical.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
      Since I started this, I'll keep it updated.

      She's going to IU hospital down in Indy to have a good hunk of her liver removed on Wednesday because even with three major hospitals around here, there are no surgeons up here that do that sort of thing.

      It's around 200 miles south of here and her sister is going to take her since I've never driven down there and I don't want to screw up and get lost since I'm awful with directions.

      The good news is, it's operable and livers will regenerate on their own. It's supposed to be outpatient surgery but I'm skeptical.
      Well I am hopeful for the very reasons you have stated. I am skeptical that it will be day surgery. That is a serious operation and I would think requires at a minimum a time of observation to be sure that Vicky dealt with the body trauma from this procedure. I am hopeful the malignancy is contained to the area of the surgery. Keep the faith and think positive. The vigil continues.

      I will continue to respond on the forum as long as you are posting there. If you prefer to go to the message system just let me know.
      Since Day One

      Comment


      • #33
        Great news that she’ll be in the hands of specialists. Thank you for the update,DLK.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
          Since I started this, I'll keep it updated.

          She's going to IU hospital down in Indy to have a good hunk of her liver removed on Wednesday because even with three major hospitals around here, there are no surgeons up here that do that sort of thing.

          It's around 200 miles south of here and her sister is going to take her since I've never driven down there and I don't want to screw up and get lost since I'm awful with directions.

          The good news is, it's operable and livers will regenerate on their own. It's supposed to be outpatient surgery but I'm skeptical.
          This is great news, brother. Thanks for the update.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

          Comment


          • #35
            Thank you guys.

            Yeah, I doubt it will be outpatient surgery. She's already weak, the surgery will leave her sedated and hard to transport, plus it's a long haul down there both ways, at least four-five hours each way.

            Comment


            • #36
              Great news.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
                Since I started this, I'll keep it updated.

                She's going to IU hospital down in Indy to have a good hunk of her liver removed on Wednesday because even with three major hospitals around here, there are no surgeons up here that do that sort of thing.

                It's around 200 miles south of here and her sister is going to take her since I've never driven down there and I don't want to screw up and get lost since I'm awful with directions.

                The good news is, it's operable and livers will regenerate on their own. It's supposed to be outpatient surgery but I'm skeptical.
                Some good news...stay positive, man.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Working on it Booze, working on it.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Keep strong sir, I can't imagine what you're going through but the good news is welcomed.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Well, she passed away at around 5:30 PM eastern time today. I did visit with her an hour before but she was already fading and her sister called me with the news... Fucking surreal, it happened so fast and was completely out of left field.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
                        Well, she passed away at around 5:30 PM eastern time today. I did visit with her an hour before but she was already fading and her sister called me with the news... Fucking surreal, it happened so fast and was completely out of left field.
                        I am sorry, man. Saying a prayer for you. Know good well she is at peace.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                          I am sorry, man. Saying a prayer for you. Know good well she is at peace.
                          Yeah. At least she isn't suffering or being poked and prodded constantly.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Thank you for your prayers as well. This next week is going to be trying to say the least...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Sorry for your loss, DLK, and let us know if there’s anything we can do.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I appreciate it but at this point I just need to get some things sorted out. Everything just happened too fast...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X