The comeback trail: 2019 and beyond...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, she passed away at around 5:30 PM eastern time today. I did visit with her an hour before but she was already fading and her sister called me with the news... Fucking surreal, it happened so fast and was completely out of left field.
I am sorry, man. Saying a prayer for you. Know good well she is at peace.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Thank you for your prayers as well. This next week is going to be trying to say the least...

data

Forbes #1
Sorry for your loss, DLK, and let us know if there’s anything we can do.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I appreciate it but at this point I just need to get some things sorted out. Everything just happened too fast...

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Well, she passed away at around 5:30 PM eastern time today. I did visit with her an hour before but she was already fading and her sister called me with the news... Fucking surreal, it happened so fast and was completely out of left field.
I am so sorry to hear about that. Praying for your family.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wish there was something any of us could say to make this event in your life easier for you but there just isn’t any words to cover this. Know that we are really sorry and those of us that pray will offer them for you and the family’s comfort. All of us will try to help share your misfortune. I am really sorry .

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am really sorry for your loss, DLK. You will absolutely be in our thoughts. As Phil said, if there is anything at all we can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm so sorry for your loss, will be praying for you

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That's awful. Really nothing we can say to make this any better or easier. Sorry for your loss.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Thank you. I managed to convert her into a Dallas fan over the years. I just can't stop crying, twenty years is not a drop in the bucket and now I'm just trying to sort everything out.

Obligatory: :flip cancer...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
We weren't actually married so her family is going to have to figure everything out because I have no legal standing. My fricking head is spinning right now and our dog doesn't understand where the hell mommy is. I've probably made two dozen calls and sent three dozen messages on FB.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I wish I had the right words, but I don't. Things like this put football (and everything else we do here) in perspective. The only consolation is that she's no longer suffering, but that won't dull your sense of loss. As Phil said, we're here for you.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
One of the saddest things to go through in this beautiful life, hope you're able to focus on the great times and don't get too down in the near future.

Very sorry for your loss, DLK.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Sorry for your loss, DLK. I know its a hard time but try to focus on the good times. Stay active with us on the board if that helps to keep your mind busy. I know its been said but know that my thoughts and prayers are going your way as well.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Life is really weird.

About the only thing that has helped me come to grips with the subject of death, is the realization that everyone before us went through it, we’ll all go through it, and everyone after us will. We aren’t alone in the fact that one day we’ll all die. The most reassuring thing about it for me is I’m not alone in that fact.

I hope you find that each day gets a tad bit easier for you to focus on the good times ya’ll had together.

If there was something I could give you to take your hurt away, I would. You have a great group of guys here for support. That’s pretty evident from reading this thread.

Lean on them when you need to.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
All these posts are one of the reasons it's one of the only sites I visit almost daily. Been crying a lot lately and my poor dog is freaked out because he was always at her side and doesn't know WTF is going on...

Top Bottom