Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for you both. There are some great treatments available today. I will tell you a friend of mine got it at 47 and went to Europe and was treated with immunotherapy and he lasted almost 12 years.

Comment

I hate it that I can't just leave you thoughts and prayers because the idea has been cheapened recently.

You and I go a long way back, DLK and I will be thinking of you all.

Comment

Thank you to everyone, a lot of us here have known each other well over ten years on the interwebs on different DC sites and I appreciate it.

It won't be easy for her because she already has peripheral neuropathy, COPD and a host of other issues. She's mostly wheelchair bound and takes on average something like 12 medications and supplements twice a day.

Comment

Update: It's been almost two weeks and we still haven't heard anything about the fvcking biopsy results. Modern medicine my ass...

Comment

Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
            Update: It's been almost two weeks and we still haven't heard anything about the fvcking biopsy results. Modern medicine my ass...
            That's crazy. You are typically looking at 2-3 days for answers on that.

Comment

Originally posted by skidadl View Post
              That's crazy. You are typically looking at 2-3 days for answers on that.
              Yeah. It's just frustrating when you don't have an idea of what you're really facing.

Comment

Yeah. It's just frustrating when you don't have an idea of what you're really facing.
                Just hang in and stay strong for your mate. I’m sure you will hear soon. Are you in a large or small community? That affects medical practices a lot especially on things like waiting for test results. Keeping a vigil for both of you.
                Since Day One

Comment

Her name is Vicky Nix and we just found out today. So if any of you heathens want to send any thoughts her way, she would appreciate it and every little bit helps. It will be hard to beat at 65.
                  I just saw this DLK Sorry to hear it my friend and my entire family will keep you and Vicky in our hearts, minds and prayers sir.

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                    Just hang in and stay strong for your mate. I’m sure you will hear soon. Are you in a large or small community? That affects medical practices a lot especially on things like waiting for test results. Keeping a vigil for both of you.
                    Smaller community, one major hospital nearby. She's too weak to make it upstairs to go to bed or take a shower right now. She has a hard time just getting out to the garage into the car. Had to call EMTs out more than once to help because if she falls, she's basically dead weight.

Comment

Smaller community, one major hospital nearby. She's too weak to make it upstairs to go to bed or take a shower right now. She has a hard time just getting out to the garage into the car. Had to call EMTs out more than once to help because if she falls, she's basically dead weight.
                      Really sorry to hear that. I hope you have either family, friends, or community orginazitions to help you with these type things.
                      Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                        Really sorry to hear that. I hope you have either family, friends, or community orginazitions to help you with these type things.
                        We tried to set up Real Services but our household income is too high and her insurance won't pay for visiting nurses or bath aides. She's not a small woman and I can't just pick her up and carry her around. Wanted to move from this fricking split level to a single floor apartment but she's fricking hardheaded. It is what it is...

Comment

We tried to set up Real Services but our household income is too high and her insurance won't pay for visiting nurses or bath aides. She's not a small woman and I can't just pick her up and carry her around. Wanted to move from this fricking split level to a single floor apartment but she's fricking hardheaded. It is what it is...
                          I’m sorry. Maybe something will break for you. That’s what I am hoping.
                          Since Day One

Comment

Well, thanks L.T. It's just been stressful.

Comment

Sucks man. Power and positivity to you guys and your loved ones

Comment

Very sorry to hear about this, DLK. Best of luck staying strong and positive.

This bolded part of the quote just drives me nuts, though, and it seems to affect a lot of us. Make too much money to qualiy for this, but your insurance company refuses to do this...as if going through cancer isn't bad enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X