Bachelor party planning

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tip to scammers: Register as ‘risen star’
Yes, please do that. That will definitely get you more play time.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
They aren't bots. They are going through a full on Captcha registration process and then replying to threads in context. I think they are selling webcam websites. I can only go off of the context of the email addresses they are using to register. So, I'm just hammering as they post for the first time if they are bumping massively old threads. Especially ones that this where they would have no reason to bump or even post in being a new member.

So, if you are a new member or potentially new member reading this, just don't even attempt it. Save your time. It's not happening. I live on this board.
So, idiots then. Why immediately announce what you're doing by bumping an old thread.

All they have to do to fit in is reply to a recent thread, and shit on something Cowboys related. Insta-credibility.

Cotton

Staff member
So, idiots then. Why immediately announce what you're doing by bumping an old thread.

All they have to do to fit in is reply to a recent thread, and shit on something Cowboys related. Insta-credibility.
Yes, idiots would be accurate.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

There must be a reason they always seem to use an old thread. I can't figure out why, but it takes more effort so there must be a reason.

Cotton

Staff member
There must be a reason they always seem to use an old thread. I can't figure out why, but it takes more effort so there must be a reason.
I'm sure there is. I have been constantly watching email addresses, new profile posts, time from registrations until first post, similarities in IP addresses, and any other activity of any kind to try and figure it out. I have failed so far to make any connection between all of these new accounts.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Interesting. Still not sure I understand. :lol

The spam is not aimed at humans. It is supposed to elevate page rank of the linked page, so it shows higher on the organic side of search results.
Old threads are seasoned and their page rank is higher than the page rank of a new thread.
Most of the work is automated. That is why the spam messages are broken English - there are tools that will randomize spam posts by replacing words with synonyms to avoid duplication.

Cotton

Staff member
Interesting. Still not sure I understand. :lol

The spam is not aimed at humans. It is supposed to elevate page rank of the linked page, so it shows higher on the organic side of search results.
Old threads are seasoned and their page rank is higher than the page rank of a new thread.
Most of the work is automated. That is why the spam messages are broken English - there are tools that will randomize spam posts by replacing words with synonyms to avoid duplication.
That is extremely interesting. I may need to look into our archive settings.

Cotton

Staff member
Another one that I'm pretty god damn sure is a troll/spammer. With the recent appearances of these assholes, I don't even think toe two step authentication will work. Me and the mods are just going to have to pay closer attention than normal.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
@dpf1123 has been around for awhile, not certain about Geterr.

data

Forbes #1
I may not post at all, but I've been reading this site for years. I even took your new poster test a few years back, Phil.
I know you, dpf. All in good humor...but good to see you post. Post more, seriously.

get rid of the other five.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I may not post at all, but I've been reading this site for years. I even took your new poster test a few years back, Phil.
Props for calling him by his proper name.

Post more, seriously.

A

AlexAuba

u so lucky guys, u got bachelor parties, while i got nothing.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
u so lucky guys, u got bachelor parties, while i got nothing.
I'm having a BBQ this weekend, why don't you come hang out and drink some brews?

I am not picky about the drink, surprise me!

Top Bottom