The Hurricane Thread...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well, I wouldn't say half. More like 3-4.
I'm not a regular. I go there maybe once every two weeks. Sometimes longer. If something important is happening I might visit more frequently. I pulled a lot of the Zeke case stuff from the Zone.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Interview with Jimmy Johnson about how he was affected by Hurricane Irma.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fl-sp-hyde-jimmy-johnson-keys-20170914-story.html
That's sad.

And that's why I could never live in a place like that. Jimmy has all the money he'll ever need so he can rebuild everything if he wants to and it won't hurt his bank account much. But despite all that, you can see how much it hurts him and he describes how hard it was for his wife to see their stuff destroyed.

I just wouldn't want to go through something like that if I could help it, especially after seeing my parents go through it.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
I got banned by Hos over at zone for claiming I owned Tom Landry's skull. And once more calling his mom fat.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel:towel:towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:towel:towel:towel
Outstanding.

What a classy thing to do.

midswat

... soon
Classy thing to do, but it's nauseating how he has to do it with cameras rolling.

"Hey everyone! Look at what an amazing thing I'm doing! Look at how amazing I am!"

I hate the steelers but Troy Palamalu was very generous. I've got friends in and from Pittsburgh and I've heard from more than one person how when Troy and his wife went out to dinner, he'd often pick up the entire tab of everyone in the restaurant. Or how he'd sponser X # of kids and buy them Christmas or school supplies. He never wanted that to go public.

What Watson did is incredible. It would've been more impressive If he did this without creating this attention seeking spectacle. The moment you decide to film and publicize your good deeds is the moment you're making it about you.

Top Bottom