The Hurricane Thread...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
To be fair, for a good number of years, I lived maybe 30 minutes from where sbk lived and I never contacted him once outside the forum. My recollection is that he was near Allentown, PA.

So any budding friendship with booze is probably doomed.

midswat

... soon
To be fair, for a good number of years, I lived maybe 30 minutes from where sbk lived and I never contacted him once outside the forum. My recollection is that he was near Allentown, PA.

So any budding friendship with booze is probably doomed.
My first fiancé was from Hopps Bottom PA and I was going up there with her for a family reunion. I told sbk about it and this was back in the ESPN days, before sbk transformed into what he was here and CZ, he wanted to make the drive and get a beer with me.

I declined because honestly I didn't know how I would explain to my fiancé how I was going to a bar to meet a guy I met online. True story.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
sbk: how about a motel room instead?
middy: that'll work

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My first fiancé was from Hopps Bottom PA and I was going up there with her for a family reunion. I told sbk about it and this was back in the ESPN days, before sbk transformed into what he was here and CZ, he wanted to make the drive and get a beer with me.

I declined because honestly I didn't know how I would explain to my fiancé how I was going to a bar to meet a guy I met online. True story.
Is he still an active posted on CZ?

And if so, is he still the exact same crazy bastard that he's always been?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Is he still an active posted on CZ?

And if so, is he still the exact same crazy bastard that he's always been?
Yeah, he's Risen Star over there. Is booze "Alexander"?

His schtick is still layed on pretty thick. He's got a whole anti-Dak Prescott thing going on. I'm sure it stems partially from the fact that he was a huge Carson Wentz fan going into the draft, and he also plays THAT angle up by saying Wentz is Jesus, "Jesus Wentz," Wentz can walk on water, etc. So some of the anti-Prescott bit is probably bitterness from not getting Wentz. But I think he actually does believe Prescott isn't as good as people are saying. So he still has some weird tangents.

But overall I think he's still one of the more insightful posters over there compared to the mass of uninformed schlubs that post nonsense all the time. He like, leads the forum in "likes."

I messaged him one time not too long ago about coming back here to post occasionally, as EZ is no longer around, and if he's not in a power role, maybe some people would accept his presence, but he declined and said he liked the niche he had at the Zone. I suspect on some level he's still upset about what happened here. He's actually pretty principled in his beliefs, if you can't tell (as he will never back down in an argument on things like DL over DB, Parcells, etc).

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, he's Risen Star over there. Is booze "Alexander"?

His schtick is still layed on pretty thick. He's got a whole anti-Dak Prescott thing going on. I'm sure it stems partially from the fact that he was a huge Carson Wentz fan going into the draft, and he also plays THAT angle up by saying Wentz is Jesus, "Jesus Wentz," Wentz can walk on water, etc. So some of the anti-Prescott bit is probably bitterness from not getting Wentz. But I think he actually does believe Prescott isn't as good as people are saying. So he still has some weird tangents.

But overall I think he's still one of the more insightful posters over there compared to the mass of uninformed schlubs that post nonsense all the time. He like, leads the forum in "likes."

I messaged him one time not too long ago about coming back here to post occasionally, as EZ is no longer around, and if he's not in a power role, maybe some people would accept his presence, but he declined and said he liked the niche he had at the Zone. I suspect on some level he's still upset about what happened here. He's actually pretty principled in his beliefs, if you can't tell (as he will never back down in an argument on things like DL over DB, Parcells, etc).
I know about the Risen Star account, but nobody had mentioned him in so long I was wondering if he was still around.

His schtick and personality is so strong that I figured we couldn't go this long without hearing something about him, but I guess he's just not that important.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I know about the Risen Star account, but nobody had mentioned him in so long I was wondering if he was still around.

His schtick and personality is so strong that I figured we couldn't go this long without hearing something about him, but I guess he's just not that important.
He's pretty prominent over there. He's just been staying out of trouble as far as I can tell.

I don't post much over there because I just can't spend time sifting through 12 pages of "Go COWBOYS!!!11!!1!" to get to a meaningful post.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You're allowed to be critical of Dak (or any Cowboy for that matter) and post? Things have changed since I left.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're allowed to be critical of Dak (or any Cowboy for that matter) and post? Things have changed since I left.
I thought everyone on here made fun of that board. Now I find out that half the people on here are regulars over there.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I thought everyone on here made fun of that board. Now I find out that half the people on here are regulars over there.
You just now figured that out?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, I wouldn't say half. More like 3-4.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I was banned from there a long time ago and never went back. I honestly don't remember what for either.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I was banned from there a long time ago and never went back. I honestly don't remember what for either.
I have been banned from there twice. :lol

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Drizzling with a slight breeze up here in Huntersville NC, but I'm persevering in case anyone was worried.
I thought you were in Vermont.

Top Bottom