One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Sucks ass.

D

Deuce

My cousin who lives in Katy brought their boat over from the coast in anticipation of the storm. He used that boat to grab 50 people off their rooftops yesterday. Unreal.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That was tough to watch.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Are any of our DCC'ers misplaced by the storm or even inconvenienced at all?

If so, I'd much rather help them out directly.

Call me an asshole, but I don't like sending money to big charities.
No doubt. I'm game to help in that way, as well. We just need to know if any of our members need help. [MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION], [MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION]

Not sure who else is in the area. If I missed some, tag them.
Thank you guys.....Seriously.

What an awful event this has been, but the weather is finally over. We just gotta make sure the water from the dams don't get to us, but I like my chances.

All 3 of us are in different parts of town, but we all stayed dry.

[MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION] was in the most dangerous zone of all of us and it's a miracle he didn't flood since he can probably look out his window and see the parts that received the most rain of the entire city.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

What an awful event this has been, but the weather is finally over. We just gotta make sure the water from the dams don't get to us, but I like my chances.

[MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION] was in the most dangerous zone of all of us and it's a miracle he didn't flood since can probably look at his window and see the parts that received the most rain of the entire city.
:buddy

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My cousin who lives in Katy brought their boat over from the coast in anticipation of the storm. He used that boat to grab 50 people off their rooftops yesterday. Unreal.
That's amazing.

I hope his generosity is repaid tenfold.

Cotton

Staff member
That's amazing.

I hope his generosity is repaid tenfold.
There is a whole slew of people from Lubbock and the surrounding area headed down to help, and it's a 10 hour drive. It feels good seeing everyone rallying to help.

I'm not crying, you're crying.

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yes it was.
I had a very similar conversation with my parents.

When they called me to tell me the water was rising fast and that they would need to go to the attic soon, all I could think about was if they were gonna make it out alive.

When they called to tell me the sheriff's department was putting them into the boat, I was overwhelmed with a feeling of relief that I had never ever experienced before.

Watching this guy talk to his dad after he realized he was ok hit me much harder than it would have had I seen it before Saturday night.

Cotton

Staff member
I had a very similar conversation with my parents.

When they called me to tell me the water was rising fast and that they would need to go to the attic soon, all I could think about was if they were gonna make it out alive.

When they called to tell me the sheriff's department was putting them into the boat, I was overwhelmed with a feeling of relief that I had never ever experienced before.

Watching this guy talk to his dad after he realized he was ok hit me much harder than it would have had I seen it before Saturday night.
Damn, man. That is tough. I can't even begin to imagine that sense of dread when you didn't know if they were going to make it. That will one of the hardest things you will ever go through, I'm sure. You know I'm not the religious type, but thank whatever may have helped to save them. Be it human or spiritual.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

[MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION] was in the most dangerous zone of all of us and it's a miracle he didn't flood since he can probably look out his window and see the parts that received the most rain of the entire city.
Well thank goodness for that.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lol there is a company called Beall Research in Chicago that is just getting killed with negative google reviews. Pretty funny to read.

Anne Beall
1 review
in the last week-
WE ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH BEAL RESEARCH AND DID NOT TWEET ABOUT TEXAS. DO NOT POST FAKE REVIEWS.

midswat

... soon
I bet Hostile is over at the Own making this tragedy about him somehow.

Top Bottom