Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hurricane Thread...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Oh I wasn't going to donate but if Jason Witten says I should....


    I'm sorry but like someone mentioned previously, I'm not a fan of donating to big corporations. Wasn't there some expose not long ago that something like only 10% of the actual donated amount to one of the largest help organizations actually went to the cause?

    I remember that specificially after 9/11, because my dumbass mom donated $5000 to one of them, and it came out later that there was an insane amount of corruption in those groups and a lot of people profited greatly off of them.

    I'm jaded as hell.

    Comment


    • #17
      I've volunteered to go down along with several officers, but the city is still waiting to get the official request from Houston and the state. Waiting sucks!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by fortsbest View Post
        I've volunteered to go down along with several officers, but the city is still waiting to get the official request from Houston and the state. Waiting sucks!
        Props, man. I wish I was closer to be able to help.
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by midswat View Post
          Oh I wasn't going to donate but if Jason Witten says I should....


          I'm sorry but like someone mentioned previously, I'm not a fan of donating to big corporations. Wasn't there some expose not long ago that something like only 10% of the actual donated amount to one of the largest help organizations actually went to the cause?

          I remember that specificially after 9/11, because my dumbass mom donated $5000 to one of them, and it came out later that there was an insane amount of corruption in those groups and a lot of people profited greatly off of them.

          I'm jaded as hell.
          Yeah I hate to say it but I'm the same way. I don't want to donate a bunch of money only to see 40% or less of it actually go to the cause and the rest to go to "administrative" fees.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by midswat View Post
            Oh I wasn't going to donate but if Jason Witten says I should....


            I'm sorry but like someone mentioned previously, I'm not a fan of donating to big corporations. Wasn't there some expose not long ago that something like only 10% of the actual donated amount to one of the largest help organizations actually went to the cause?

            I remember that specificially after 9/11, because my dumbass mom donated $5000 to one of them, and it came out later that there was an insane amount of corruption in those groups and a lot of people profited greatly off of them.

            I'm jaded as hell.
            Not sure if this is feasible in your area but my wife went and bought a bunch of stuff at walmart and dropped it off at a fire dept that is taking everything down later this week
            2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Rev View Post
              Bipo would have dropped a meme.
              Yeah that too.
              Since Day One

              Comment


              • #22

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Kbrown View Post
                  Unbelievable.
                  2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                    Not sure if this is feasible in your area but my wife went and bought a bunch of stuff at walmart and dropped it off at a fire dept that is taking everything down later this week
                    Yeah, that's a good idea.
                    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by midswat View Post
                        Oh I wasn't going to donate but if Jason Witten says I should....


                        I'm sorry but like someone mentioned previously, I'm not a fan of donating to big corporations. Wasn't there some expose not long ago that something like only 10% of the actual donated amount to one of the largest help organizations actually went to the cause?

                        I remember that specificially after 9/11, because my dumbass mom donated $5000 to one of them, and it came out later that there was an insane amount of corruption in those groups and a lot of people profited greatly off of them.

                        I'm jaded as hell.
                        Jaded but mostly accurate.

                        Comment


                        • #27


                          Scum. of. the. earth.
                          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                          Comment


                          • #28

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Kbrown View Post
                              Holy shit. That's a lot of pain in one place. Jesus.
                              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post


                                Scum. of. the. earth.
                                The rain falls on the just and the unjust alike.

                                I wish it had fallen just a little bit harder on these assholes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X