The Hurricane Thread...

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I live 42 miles west of Fort Worth but I have room for any of you FL immigrants that wanna leave and need a place to stay. :towel

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That thing is crazy big. Still hoping that it doesn't make landfall, but it sure looks like it will.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
185 mph winds with gusts up to 220. Floridians need to head north.

Another one behind this one as well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There are no flights out of Florida left.

My sister-in-law wanted to come but now it's too late. If she's going to leave South Florida she's going to have to do it driving.

Cotton

Staff member
There are no flights out of Florida left.

My sister-in-law wanted to come but now it's too late. If she's going to leave South Florida she's going to have to do it driving.
Tell her to get in her vehicle and start driving.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Tell her to get in her vehicle and start driving.
They want to "wait it out" and see if it in fact is going to Florida.

We're like.....dude.

Would it suck if you leave and it isn't that bad? Sure, but what would be worse is being in the way of a direct hit and then it's too late to leave. And while the latest models show some hope of it going eastward, there is no way South Florida doesn't get hit with something at this point.

The storm is too large for it to miss them altogether.

Best case scenario for South Florida at this point is that the central and eastern part of that region gets hit with only a CAT 2 storm. I wouldn't want to hedge my bets on something like that but you can't force people to do something they don't want to.

Cotton

Staff member

We're like.....dude.

Would it suck if you leave and it isn't that bad? Sure, but what would be worse is being in the way of a direct hit and then it's too late to leave. And while the latest models show some hope of it going eastward, there is no way South Florida doesn't get hit with something at this point.

Best case scenario for South Florida at this point is that the central and eastern part of that region gets hit with only a CAT 2 storm. I wouldn't want to hedge my bets on something like that but you can't force people to do something they don't want to.
I had the same issue before Harvey hit. Cousin in Houston and a cousin in Corpus. I basically begged the one in Corpus to leave, but she refused.

Cotton

Staff member
JJ Watt's drive is up to $27 million, [MENTION=98]midswat[/MENTION].

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Holy shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We don't have to worry about hurricane Jose. Trump won't let it into America.

:unsure

:tippytoe

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

We're like.....dude.

There are a ton of people who I work with who are going to ride it out in their homes. I'm just going to play it safe and head to my mother/father in-laws home up in Georgia.

I think my home should be good. I live a good distance from the Florida coast; I put my storm shutters up on all the windows; I don't live in a flood zone; and my home is in the middle of the subdivision surrounded by other homes so hopefully that should break up some of the wind.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Irma might wipe Florida off the map if it goes straight up the middle of the peninsula. Good grief.

D

Deuce

Irma might wipe Florida off the map if it goes straight up the middle of the peninsula. Good grief.
Naw. Landfall is what weakens them. If it went straight up the state, it'll be down to a Cat 1 by the time it gets to me.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Naw. Landfall is what weakens them. If it went straight up the state, it'll be down to a Cat 1 by the time it gets to me.
For your sake, I hope that's true.

While what you're saying is generally accurate, most seem to think that if it comes straight up the middle of Florida and that you guys in Orlando/Tampa are going to get CAT 3 type conditions due to the size and strength of the storm.

Let's hope they're wrong about that or that it starts to drift slightly eastward.

Top Bottom