Motorcycle Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it an older model? I currently work for Honda in their powersports division.
Really? Yeah it is. My first dirt bike as a kid was an xr100 that still sits at my mom's house and runs great.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Most of the active members here are older. I was hoping memory loss would've kicked in for most of you by now.
This board never forgets.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I have a 27 year old ZX10 Ninja that I've had since new. I've got it torn down for a rebuild now. Rode the Police Harley's when I was the Captain over traffic and really enjoyed it. THe training I got was amazing. I would never have believed the things I could make a bike like the Harley do, especially slow maneuvering stuff. I loved doing the bike rodeos.

vince

Not So New Member
I have a 27 year old ZX10 Ninja that I've had since new. I've got it torn down for a rebuild now. Rode the Police Harley's when I was the Captain over traffic and really enjoyed it. THe training I got was amazing. I would never have believed the things I could make a bike like the Harley do, especially slow maneuvering stuff. I loved doing the bike rodeos.
Damn 27 years old? Never thought of parting ways with it? I'm currently going through that now with mine. It's requiring quite a bit of maintenance. But I know for a fact it won't fetch anything near what I would want for it.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'd love to get the time to put towards some sort of build. I guess I'll push that stuff to my 50s. :sad

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Damn 27 years old? Never thought of parting ways with it? I'm currently going through that now with mine. It's requiring quite a bit of maintenance. But I know for a fact it won't fetch anything near what I would want for it.
That's just it, It isn't the fastest nor best handling anymore, but I could never get the amount of money I'd have to get compared to the fun I have on it when its running. Took it up into Arkansas 4 years ago before I tore it down and carved canyons like you wouldn't believe. First time I ever had it on roads it was designed for. Surprised I didn't kill myself! :towel

IT's sort of taken a backseat to the 66 Mustang though. :art

vince

Not So New Member
In the past 3 months I've had to replace a tire, have the whole front brake master cylinder replaced, new brake pads, new air filter and change out the oil. It's like caring for a baby.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Really? Yeah it is. My first dirt bike as a kid was an xr100 that still sits at my mom's house and runs great.
Nice!

I had a KX125 growing up...basically the same bike.

Damn that thing was fun.

Top Bottom