X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cord Cutting

Been thinking of getting rid of DirecTV for a while, even though the real only reason to keep it is for Sunday Ticket.

All I know is my family is spending waaaay too much on entertainment. Between having HBO, Netflix, AmazonPrime and Hulu, we tend to have enough to keep ourselves occupied most of the time.

Only concern is local channels with an antenna, live TV and of course football.

Has anyone cut the cord completely and still been able to get all the Cowboys games?

I know most are televised nationally. But there are some that are not and due to local constraints (Panthers conflicts for me), they are not televised. It is usually only three or four of the sixteen games, but after Catholic Radioing for a few years, I have vowed I will never go back. Plus I love the Redzone channel.

I got an Amazon Fire Stick recently and "jail broke" it. It is great for TV shows, movies etc.

Now the next step is live TV and ultimately ditching DirecTV.

Just curious about everyone else's experiences.

How many Cowboys game do you anticipate not getting at home without Sunday Ticket? What you going to do for these games?

Sunday Ticket is irreplaceable for me. On the other hand, can't you just share Amazon, Netflix and Hulu passwords with a buddy?

Comment

I could probably sever the cable system since I live in the Dallas area. I can't recall the last time I wasn't able to see the game live on a local channel.
      Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
        I could probably sever the cable system since I live in the Dallas area. I can't recall the last time I wasn't able to see the game live on a local channel.
        Well. That is a great help. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pdom View Post
          How many Cowboys game do you anticipate not getting at home without Sunday Ticket? What you going to do for these games?

Sunday Ticket is irreplaceable for me. On the other hand, can't you just share Amazon, Netflix and Hulu passwords with a buddy?
          That is kind of the point. Three or four games will be conflicted by the Panthers game. I have yet to sit down and discover the true conflicts.

Comment

Pretty sure you need to talk to [MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION]. I seem to recall him mentioning that he did.

My co-worker has jailbreak an Amazon fire stick and gets everything so he says. Local TV from everywhere so I assume you could get any football games you want.
            #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
              Well it could be helpful if he was offering to set up a Slingbox in his closet for you.

Comment

Been thinking of getting rid of DirecTV for a while, even though the real only reason to keep it is for Sunday Ticket.

All I know is my family is spending waaaay too much on entertainment. Between having HBO, Netflix, AmazonPrime and Hulu, we tend to have enough to keep ourselves occupied most of the time.

Only concern is local channels with an antenna, live TV and of course football.

Has anyone cut the cord completely and still been able to get all the Cowboys games?

I know most are televised nationally. But there are some that are not and due to local constraints (Panthers conflicts for me), they are not televised. It is usually only three or four of the sixteen games, but after Catholic Radioing for a few years, I have vowed I will never go back. Plus I love the Redzone channel.

I got an Amazon Fire Stick recently and "jail broke" it. It is great for TV shows, movies etc.

Now the next step is live TV and ultimately ditching DirecTV.

Just curious about everyone else's experiences.
                I live in Missouri and there were like 2 games last year I didn't get and one of them was the Browns game. Which I watched at a bar.

Comment

That is kind of the point. Three or four games will be conflicted by the Panthers game. I have yet to sit down and discover the true conflicts.
                  I know of a few people that did it and it worked out for games somehow. They lived about (outside of Texas).

Comment

I had it from 2001 to 2014. Cut the cord.

Like you said, most games are televised. The ones that aren't you can usually find them being streamed online somewhere. Used to think it was a must have. Don't miss it at all. That said my affinity for the team has also wained.

Comment

Originally posted by midswat View Post
                      That said my affinity for the team has also wained.
                      GTFO. Seriously?

This is the first I've ever heard of this.

Comment

Just didn't want you to lose hope for all of us.
                        Since Day One

Comment

Can you get an app for the Dallas channels if you have a smart tv or on your computer? I can get apps for tv channels all over the country if I wanted to watch some of them.
                          Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post
                              Pretty sure you need to talk to [MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION]. I seem to recall him mentioning that he did.

My co-worker has jailbreak an Amazon fire stick and gets everything so he says. Local TV from everywhere so I assume you could get any football games you want.
                              I got a Fire Stick this past Christmas and was able to watch some random NFL games on it.

There's a couple of Apps that I mainly used. The main and most popular one is Kodi. Within my Kodi app there's some sort of add-on called "ccloud TV" which allows you to watch live TV. Not all channels are loaded on there but a lot of the basic cable type channels and network TV channels (ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC) are on there.

The few games that I watched through ccloud TV were very clear with minimal buffering. The only drawback is the network TV channels were from random areas. IIRC there were usually 2-3 links for each of the network channels. I'd click on one of the CBS links and it may be the Denver market. I'd click on the other CBS link and it may be the NY market showing the Jets game.

There's another app that I use occasionally that's called SPMC. It's completely separate from Kodi but also usable on the Fire Stick. It's difficult finding a quality game on this one. It's basically the same thing as clicking on one of those links in Reddit for the game streams. Some trial and error with occasional buffering.

Comment

Working...
                              X