The Healthy Food Thread

Kbrown

Not So New Member
People would be surprised just how much dihydrogen monoxide they consume in almost everything they eat, and it is potentially lethal in large enough doses.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So everything is farm to table, no science involved... we prevent famine how?
Dude, the poor don't need to buy food. Welfare feeds them. Duh.

Cotton

Staff member
People would be surprised just how much dihydrogen monoxide they consume in almost everything they eat, and it is potentially lethal in large enough doses.
So is water. Just throwing that out there.

Cotton

Staff member
Point being, anything is toxic at certain levels.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So everything is farm to table, no science involved... we prevent famine how?
Haha, we are stopping famine now? I thought we were talking about what is healthy.

All of the 5 major food corporations that control food are just trying to help the poor people out, right?

If you are really interested in learning about the topic check out what the permaculture is doing. They are actually leading the way in showing us how to take control of our food. Nobody really wants to do that and I understand that it is a lifestyle change. We are addicted to our convenience. Just don't come crying to me when, not if you get sick.

The thing that I've changed my tune on is the cost. How much does the other 2/3s of the world spend on food? Like, all of their money. Not us, we sons 40% of our income on houses and they want to spend 10% on food, which is essential for life. Cool, good luck on the house when you're sick.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
And good for your teeth?
Lies. That's the lie told for ages. It is not a necessary chemical for health. Fluoride is one of the most toxic Chemicals known to man.

Same with mercury fillings. Everyone knows they are poisoning yet the dental society still defends that stuff. Drop some mercury on the floor and you have to evacuate the building. Put it in your mouth, which has been proven to leech into your blood stream for decades and all of well.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Haha, we are stopping famine now? I thought we were talking about what is healthy.

All of the 5 major food corporations that control food are just trying to help the poor people out, right?

If you are really interested in learning about the topic check out what the permaculture is doing. They are actually leading the way in showing us how to take control of our food. Nobody really wants to do that and I understand that it is a lifestyle change. We are addicted to our convenience. Just don't come crying to me when, not if you get sick.

The thing that I've changed my tune on is the cost. How much does the other 2/3s of the world spend on food? Like, all of their money. Not us, we sons 40% of our income on houses and they want to spend 10% on food, which is essential for life. Cool, good luck on the house when you're sick.
No need to get douchey. I actually agree with you on local sustainability and all that. Mainly for political and economic reasons.

But I find blanket statements like, "If you can't pronounce it, then it's bad for you," specious.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Also, I am going to get sick because I generally eat like crap and I acknowledge it.

But I have added several pounds of muscle in the last couple of months via squats and deadlifts. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
No need to get douchey. I actually agree with you on local sustainability and all that. Mainly for political and economic reasons.

But I find blanket statements like, "If you can't pronounce it, then it's bad for you," specious.
Hey, hey, take is eeesssy...I was laughing at the lies of the food industry. Like, they are saving starving people. Haha, right! They are just trying to help people, mmmhmmm

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

If you can't pronounce it, it isn't food. Food was created for health. So yeah...

Top Bottom