The Healthy Food Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Preach it, brother Skid!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All I can say is I don't think it is a fad to avoid processed food. And yes, it is very clear from the changes over the last 30 or so years that what goes in our food is causing damage, like obesity and diabetes.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
All I can say is I don't think it is a fad to avoid processed food. And yes, it is very clear from the changes over the last 30 or so years that what goes in our food is causing damage, like obesity and diabetes.
Celiac disease is on the rise as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My families have a history of congestive heart failure, and so I've gotten used to cooking for my grandfather using very little salt. It's not really that bad once you get used to it.
No, it is not even that bad to use it cooking or even adding from the table if you watch the hidden sources. Canned soup, fuck that shit if you read the labels.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Celiac disease is on the rise as well.
That is because of the fucked up crops we are ingesting. Not a coincidence Monsanto now corners the market so farmers have to use their version.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, I looked up Russell Blaylock, MD, who is mentioned in the above post.

He is a vaccine denier whose wellness report talks about the dangers of chemtrails and other loony BS. Apparently his work on food isn't generally accepted.

Skid, you seem to have a religious fervour about all this, but I am skeptical of anybody that has a book to sell that is mostly about why you should be afraid.

Don't worry, I won't cry to you when I get sick from my whey.
That's all I needed to know about the guy.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah, I looked up Russell Blaylock, MD, who is mentioned in the above post.

He is a vaccine denier whose wellness report talks about the dangers of chemtrails and other loony BS. Apparently his work on food isn't generally accepted.

Skid, you seem to have a religious fervour about all this, but I am skeptical of anybody that has a book to sell that is mostly about why you should be afraid.

Don't worry, I won't cry to you when I get sick from my whey.
I'm aware of Blaylock's conspiracy theories. But his work on food IS accepted.

data

Forbes #1
I just want to know what kind of eggs you fags are buying.

data

Forbes #1
[MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION]

you believe 2% milk is toxic?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Well, of course.

What is unfounded and silly is that Diet Coke is giving everyone cancer. But you can't disprove it to people who believe it because they will write off any study as a conspiracy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And yet the age and lifespan is getting longer. I realize some is due to medical innovations but eating in moderation is the key. A reasonable intake of whatever is the way to go without having to follow a subjective dietary preference. Temper that with a reasonable amount of exercise and it will take you a long way. Notwithstanding the genetic factor of course.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
BTW, there really aren't many vaccine deniers out there. Blaylock is not a denier either. Like me, he is for SAFE and well-researched vaccines. Vaccines have saved no telling how many lives and I am glad they are around. BUT...did you know that since the government gave vaccine makers immunity from legal ramifications they have increased the number of vaccines by 10 x? Any idea why we need 10 x the number of vaccines for children since the 80s? Did it make us healthier? Has disease increased or decreased?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
And yet the age and lifespan is getting longer. I realize some is due to medical innovations but eating in moderation is the key. A reasonable intake of whatever is the way to go without having to follow a subjective dietary preference. Temper that with a reasonable amount of exercise and it will take you a long way. Notwithstanding the genetic factor of course.
Lol, have you ever visited a nursing home? Congrates to all of the sick, crazies living longer in there. I'm sure they are thrilled.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
No, it is not even that bad to use it cooking or even adding from the table if you watch the hidden sources. Canned soup, fuck that shit if you read the labels.
Right, but someone with CHF doesn't need as much salt as most folks, so we're very careful about his salt intake.

We've gotten used to not covering our food in salt at home as well, as I used to drown everything in salt.

midswat

... soon
Here's the thing, and I do believe it's more or less this simple: everything in moderation.

Outside of that tenet, most of these health craze fads are bullshit.
Spot on.

Drink plenty of fluids. Limit your fast food/highly processed foods. Cut back on sugars. And eat greens.

And don't live a sedentary lifestyle.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I just want to know what kind of eggs you fags are buying.
There's a hen that has decided to live in our backyard, and I'm eager to start collecting eggs.

I currently buy whatever is cheapest.

Top Bottom