The Healthy Food Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hey, hey, take is eeesssy...I was laughing at the lies of the food industry. Like, they are saving starving people. Haha, right! They are just trying to help people, mmmhmmm
You do realize that ingredients list includes preservatives, right. But you are right I can't pronounce those for shit.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh wait, are the preservatives actually the thing under attack? If that's the case how the hell do we operate as a country? Do we produce more carbon gases instead to preserve our food because of conditioned air?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You do realize that ingredients list includes preservatives, right. But you are right I can't pronounce those for shit.
Yes, preservatives. You don't find those in things that you pluck or kill.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Oh wait, are the preservatives actually the thing under attack? If that's the case how the hell do we operate as a country? Do we produce more carbon gases instead to preserve our food because of conditioned air?
We don't eliminate preservatives, because it's impossible.

We just worry ourselves about it until we get stomach ulcers.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Son of a bitch! The thread was about health, not the environment or an attack in that. What is healthy?

But yeah, generally speaking, we have enough land to plant cover crops, rotational crops and sacrificial crops to feed the world many times over. That isn't the problem. It is the financial feasibility of it all.

You have enough land to easily feed your family using permaculture techniques.

Cotton

Staff member
We don't eliminate preservatives, because it's impossible.

We just worry ourselves about it until we get stomach ulcers.
Correct.

Cotton

Staff member
Everyone in this thread needs to refer to a post I just made in the Cowboys forum. I'm about to make a phone call.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It really isn't anything like worrying about preservatives. Those aren't contained in fruit, vegatables and fresh meat. I don't worry at all.

Honestly, it is hard to not eat certain foods. It smells amazing, is plentiful, is addictive...I love food. I love to cook and be with friends. But I had two heart attacks last year. I almost died and y wife has been in a battle with cancer. My kids were afraid they'd be without parents. I had to take responsibility for my health or die. I don't want my life to suck while I'm alive either. What good is living if you are fat, tired, depressed, hopeless about your health and all of that. I had people telling me for years to change my ways but I made fun of them and told them to piss off.

I don't even know if I'll have the discipline to continue but I'm trying to change my thinking about food. Started taking classes on nutrition and focusing on that area of my life. I didn't mean to sound all self righteous. I know people get defensive when you say that their health is in there hands. People don't like to hear that. I short, F all of you.

data

Forbes #1
Organic ground black pepper and organic salt. Chickens, sure. Salt and pepper, though? Discuss.

data

Forbes #1
It really isn't anything like worrying about preservatives. Those aren't contained in fruit, vegatables and fresh meat. I don't worry at all.

Honestly, it is hard to not eat certain foods. It smells amazing, is plentiful, is addictive...I love food. I love to cook and be with friends. But I had two heart attacks last year. I almost died and y wife has been in a battle with cancer. My kids were afraid they'd be without parents. I had to take responsibility for my health or die. I don't want my life to suck while I'm alive either. What good is living if you are fat, tired, depressed, hopeless about your health and all of that. I had people telling me for years to change my ways but I made fun of them and told them to piss off.

I don't even know if I'll have the discipline to continue but I'm trying to change my thinking about food. Started taking classes on nutrition and focusing on that area of my life. I didn't mean to sound all self righteous. I know people get defensive when you say that their health is in there hands. People don't like to hear that. I short, F all of you.
so what groceries that have organic options do you not purchase?

i get lost deciphering what's legit and what doesn't contribute to a healthier lifestyle and, ultimately, what's worth the extra cash.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Brown rice vs white rice, or better yet, nutritionists say, no rice at all. Yet 2B orientals eating rice can't be wrong.

Cotton

Staff member
This thread is dumb.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
so what groceries that have organic options do you not purchase?

i get lost deciphering what's legit and what doesn't contribute to a healthier lifestyle and, ultimately, what's worth the extra cash.
I try not to buy anything in a box, a can or in a package. Fresh fruit and veggies and organic fresh meat. Sauce - nope. My seasonings are mostly fresh herbs.

My wife is on the Gerson Therapy, which is amazing and life-saving. I'm doing it with her for support.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Here's the thing, and I do believe it's more or less this simple: everything in moderation.

Outside of that tenet, most of these health craze fads are bullshit.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Here's the thing, and I do believe it's more or less this simple: everything in moderation.

Outside of that tenet, most of these health craze fads are bullshit.
Eating whole foods isn't a fad. All of the bullshit that is on the shelves is a very new thing. More changes in food have taken place in the last 30-40 years than in the previous years of our history.

You don't change nutrient outcomes and expect everything to be just fine. That is stupid thinking.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I really hope you aren't serious.
Oh, I'm very much serious. The idea that eating real food from plants and animals being some sort of craze proves just how far we've gone down the wrong path.

The guy that wants healthy food is the weird person but the guy that eats McDonald's is doing it right? lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Lemme give you one example that is well researched and published. Take excitotoxins for example: what once was considered a health nut craze is now considered mainstream medical knowledge. Excitotoxins have caused a ton of damage to people. One of the most well-known excitotoxins is MSG...once that was known companies started hiding the ingredient as other names. Excitotoxins damage the brain neurons, this is well known, but it is dismissed.

ADHD is rapidly increasing, Alziemers has gone up 89% since 2000...89%. Why is this? Ah, it is nothing...just ignore it, right?

BTW, glutamate is the real toxic chemical. Here are the derivatives of it:

Names of ingredients that ALWAYS contain processed free glutamic acid:

Glutamic acid (E 620)
Glutamate (E 620)
Monosodium glutamate (E 621)
Monopotassium glutamate (E 622)
Calcium glutamate (E 623)
Monoammonium glutamate (E 624)
Magnesium glutamate (E 625)
Natrium glutamate
Yeast extract
Anything “hydrolyzed”
Any “hydrolyzed protein”
Calcium caseinate, Sodium caseinate
Yeast food, Yeast nutrient
Autolyzed yeast
Gelatin
Textured protein
Soy protein, soy protein concentrate
Soy protein isolate
Whey protein, whey protein concentrate
Whey protein isolate
Anything “…protein”
Vetsin
Ajinomoto

Names of ingredients that often contain or produce processed free glutamic acid:
Carrageenan (E 407)
Bouillon and broth
Stock
Any “flavors” or “flavoring”
Maltodextrin
Citric acid, Citrate (E 330)
Anything “ultra-pasteurized”
Barley malt
Pectin (E 440)
Protease
Anything “enzyme modified”
Anything containing “enzymes”
Malt extract
Soy sauce (a reader has informed us that Russell Blaylock, MD states in his book, Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills, that soy sauce ALWAYS contains MSG)
Soy sauce extract
Anything “protein fortified”
Anything “fermented”
Seasonings

Corn starch
Corn syrup
Modified food starch
Lipolyzed butter fat
Dextrose
Rice syrup
Brown rice syrup
Milk powder
Reduced fat milk (skim; 1%; 2%)
Most things low fat or no fat
Anything “Enriched”
Anything Vitamin enriched

That is ONE type of toxin that we regularly ingest.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Yeah, I looked up Russell Blaylock, MD, who is mentioned in the above post.

He is a vaccine denier whose wellness report talks about the dangers of chemtrails and other loony BS. Apparently his work on food isn't generally accepted.

Skid, you seem to have a religious fervour about all this, but I am skeptical of anybody that has a book to sell that is mostly about why you should be afraid.

Don't worry, I won't cry to you when I get sick from my whey.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom