X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kbrown View Post
    Not sure your point. I'm agreeing with you. I think.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

Comment

So everything is farm to table, no science involved... we prevent famine how?
        Haha, we are stopping famine now? I thought we were talking about what is healthy.

All of the 5 major food corporations that control food are just trying to help the poor people out, right?

If you are really interested in learning about the topic check out what the permaculture is doing. They are actually leading the way in showing us how to take control of our food. Nobody really wants to do that and I understand that it is a lifestyle change. We are addicted to our convenience. Just don't come crying to me when, not if you get sick.

The thing that I've changed my tune on is the cost. How much does the other 2/3s of the world spend on food? Like, all of their money. Not us, we sons 40% of our income on houses and they want to spend 10% on food, which is essential for life. Cool, good luck on the house when you're sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
          And good for your teeth?
          Lies. That's the lie told for ages. It is not a necessary chemical for health. Fluoride is one of the most toxic Chemicals known to man.

Same with mercury fillings. Everyone knows they are poisoning yet the dental society still defends that stuff. Drop some mercury on the floor and you have to evacuate the building. Put it in your mouth, which has been proven to leech into your blood stream for decades and all of well.

Comment

Originally posted by skidadl View Post
            Haha, we are stopping famine now? I thought we were talking about what is healthy.

All of the 5 major food corporations that control food are just trying to help the poor people out, right?

If you are really interested in learning about the topic check out what the permaculture is doing. They are actually leading the way in showing us how to take control of our food. Nobody really wants to do that and I understand that it is a lifestyle change. We are addicted to our convenience. Just don't come crying to me when, not if you get sick.

The thing that I've changed my tune on is the cost. How much does the other 2/3s of the world spend on food? Like, all of their money. Not us, we sons 40% of our income on houses and they want to spend 10% on food, which is essential for life. Cool, good luck on the house when you're sick.
            No need to get douchey. I actually agree with you on local sustainability and all that. Mainly for political and economic reasons.

But I find blanket statements like, "If you can't pronounce it, then it's bad for you," specious.

Comment

Also, I am going to get sick because I generally eat like crap and I acknowledge it.

But I have added several pounds of muscle in the last couple of months via squats and deadlifts. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Comment

No need to get douchey. I actually agree with you on local sustainability and all that. Mainly for political and economic reasons.

But I find blanket statements like, "If you can't pronounce it, then it's bad for you," specious.
                Hey, hey, take is eeesssy...I was laughing at the lies of the food industry. Like, they are saving starving people. Haha, right! They are just trying to help people, mmmhmmm

Comment

If you can't pronounce it, it isn't food. Food was created for health. So yeah...

Comment

If you can't pronounce it, it isn't food. Food was created for health. So yeah...
                    I am really good at sounding out words, so I get to eat what I want. Sweet.

Comment

Sorry, I'm a moron and can't read properly, apparently.

Comment

Hey, hey, take is eeesssy...I was laughing at the lies of the food industry. Like, they are saving starving people. Haha, right! They are just trying to help people, mmmhmmm
                        You do realize that ingredients list includes preservatives, right. But you are right I can't pronounce those for shit.

Comment

Oh wait, are the preservatives actually the thing under attack? If that's the case how the hell do we operate as a country? Do we produce more carbon gases instead to preserve our food because of conditioned air?

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                            You do realize that ingredients list includes preservatives, right. But you are right I can't pronounce those for shit.
                            Yes, preservatives. You don't find those in things that you pluck or kill.

Comment

Oh wait, are the preservatives actually the thing under attack? If that's the case how the hell do we operate as a country? Do we produce more carbon gases instead to preserve our food because of conditioned air?
                              We don't eliminate preservatives, because it's impossible.

We just worry ourselves about it until we get stomach ulcers.

Comment

Son of a bitch! The thread was about health, not the environment or an attack in that. What is healthy?

But yeah, generally speaking, we have enough land to plant cover crops, rotational crops and sacrificial crops to feed the world many times over. That isn't the problem. It is the financial feasibility of it all.

You have enough land to easily feed your family using permaculture techniques.

Comment

Working...
                                X