Must See Movies

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The first movie was fine. I'm just not a big fan of that character.

I remember the original came out during the Fall of 2016 and I don't think I ended up watching it until early 2018. Caught it on Netflix, IIRC.
Maybe that’s the difference. I love the character.

Cotton

Staff member

junk

Not So New Member
From what I understand they are at least following the comics and not just doing it due to the current climate in America.

So I can't slam them for going the female Thor route for this upcoming phase of movies.
Its the same director as Ragnorak which was easily the best Thor and arguably one of the best Marvel films to date.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Mr Roger's and his messaging are sorely missed. I don't know if it is, but it should be running on local tv everywhere. My kids are getting old enough to actually sit and watch a show like his, I want to find all of the episodes and have my kids soak that shit up.

Cotton

Staff member
Mr Roger's and his messaging is sorely missed. I don't know if it is, but it should be running on local tv everywhere. My kids are getting old enough to actually sit and watch a show like his, I want to find all of the episodes and have my kids soak that shit up.
Yep, he is especially needed in today's environment. There is too much hate in this world. He taught love, and that is exactly what we need right now.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Mr Roger's and his messaging are sorely missed. I don't know if it is, but it should be running on local tv everywhere. My kids are getting old enough to actually sit and watch a show like his, I want to find all of the episodes and have my kids soak that shit up.
My wife found it on PBS I believe.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Yep, he is especially needed in today's environment. There is too much hate in this world. He taught love, and that is exactly what we need right now.
More than that he had a way of making each child feel special, and taught that it was okay to be different.

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people."

Tell me that doesn't speak straight to the truth of what we are all dealing with today in society.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
My wife found it on PBS I believe.
Yeah, I found it. They sell them and I guess PBS gets all the revenue from selling the DVDs. That doesn't surprise me. The guy probably wouldn't have had it any other way.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Someone who knows how to embed youtube videos should post the 6 or 7 minute clip of Rogers in front of congress asking for funding for public broadcasting.

I don't believe he'd get the same reaction today, and that's sad.

Cotton

Staff member
Someone who knows how to embed youtube videos should post the 6 or 7 minute clip of Rogers in front of congress asking for funding for public broadcasting.

I don't believe he'd get the same reaction today, and that's sad.

Yeah, this never gets old. I loved this man.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Its the same director as Ragnorak which was easily the best Thor and arguably one of the best Marvel films to date.

Ragnarok was piece of shit, probably my least favorite marvel movie. I liked the first two Thor movies a great deal but Ragnarok can fuck right off.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They have a spinoff called Daniel Tigers Neighborhood with some of the same characters, but it's not the same.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don’t know the comics as well as some of you. Do the comic books have a woman as Thor?
Yes. I had to look it up myself after one of the comic book geeks who I work with told me about it. It's only been fairly recent though since they intro'd the female Thor......2014.

So that's why a lot of old timers like us weren't aware that the comics had already gone down that female Thor route.

Top Bottom