Staff member

Definitely Marcus Graham. Horrid movie.

Billy Ray should live forever.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Yeah. That was easy. All of them. Overrated hack.

j/k. Marcus Graham is the easy answer

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah. That was easy. All of them. Overrated hack.

j/k. Marcus Graham is the easy answer
I just don't know how a guy can go from being the baddest cat in Hollywood and reduced down to crap like he did.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I just don't know how a guy can go from being the baddest cat in Hollywood and reduced down to crap like he did.
It was sad. The Golden Child eas pretty bad but Boomerang started the downward spiral.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It was sad. The Golden Child eas pretty bad but Boomerang started the downward spiral.
Come on, man, you didn't like this genius?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I liked The Golden Child. Not his best work, but still enjoyable. But if we're talking bad Eddie Murphy movies... Holy Man. Holy fuck. Holy shit that was awful. Only movie I've ever left the theater in the middle of.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I agree on Marcus Graha......but Boomerang is horrible???? GTFOH with that nonsense.

That movie was funny as hell and one of my favorites of all time. It's in my top 20.

That being said, Eddie Murphy's character in that movie wasn't near as good as it was in the other films.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
Speaking of X-Men movies.....I had X-Men: Apocalypse on last night and man that thing looked cheesy as hell by today's big budget film standards.

The fight scenes looked stiff and poorly choreographed. And when a scene called for some type of airborne activity, even though I couldn't actually see the cables, the actors looked so stiff and rigid like they were being pulled along by cables. The movements were pretty much on par with what you'd see from a high school drama club hoisting someone through the air during a production of Peter Pan.

IMO, it was a poorly made film when compared to what you get from the action sequences in the Avengers movies.

It's a shame that it took Marvel Studios up until early this year to regain the rights to the X-Men movies. 20th Century Fox was hit or miss (mostly miss) with the X-Men franchise. The X-Men were my favorite comics/superheroes as a kid so I still watched all those average movies. Now that Marvel Studios has the X-Men I'm genuinely excited to see what they're going to push out over the next 5 years.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Thanks.

Never saw boomerang so I'll go with that one. The other 3 were pretty great.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I watched Captive State last night. I only found it mildly entertaining.

It's a movie that you definitely have to pay attention to throughout, otherwise you'll miss important components of the plot.

I called it mildly entertaining because I was expected more thrills and action heading into the movie, but it turned out to be a movie that's carried more by character dialogue.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not gonna lie.

I have liked Signs watching it more.

Yeah it has the Shymalan shit going on, but I liked the cast.

And I thought Mel Gibson was damned good in it too.

Top Bottom