Must See Movies

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This looks great. I hope they tie things up, not leaving things vague for the audience to "interpret".

One thing about the trailer... The last line of the trailer. "No one's ever really gone." Then that laugh.

Darth Sideous/Emperor Palpatine? That would be awesome if they had a final showdown with him.
Reading comments on reddit, it is 100% Palpatine. The actor who portrayed him appeared onstage at the trailer premiere and said "Roll it again" in the emperor's voice. Also, apparently in one of the books the emperor cloned himself (which isn't at all farfetched considering they cloned a whole army). So that could explain why he's around still.

Carp

DCC 4Life
A-fucking-men.

I know he's been conflicted throughout but killing Han pretty much seals his allegiance to the darkside.

As for the twins, don't they skip a generation? If she's in Luke's direct line she's still cousins with Ren.

It would be one thing to send her off with a guardian like they did Luke, but Rey was essentially abandoned which just seems cruel. I hope if she's a Skywalker (and I hope she is), it's a case where none of them knew what happened to her.

Rey and Leia definitely had a strange connection out of nowhere though.
Yeah...twins skip generations, but just a theory. I mean Leia could fucking fly in the last movie, so anything is possible. I don't think Rey was as alone as we think...Unkar Plutt was looking out for her from a distance. Rey's parentage was wasted on Last Jedi...what a pile of shit that was.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah...twins skip generations, but just a theory. I mean Leia could fucking fly in the last movie, so anything is possible. I don't think Rey was as alone as we think...Unkar Plutt was looking out for her from a distance. Rey's parentage was wasted on Last Jedi...what a pile of shit that was.
Yep.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My kid went and saw Endgame tonight.

His synopsis: It was a lot.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
End Game was pretty mediocre. Infinity Wars was a superior movie by far. Lots of glaring plot holes.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Have my tickets for Endgame on Sunday. Now to try and avoid spoilers for a week.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
End Game was pretty mediocre. Infinity Wars was a superior movie by far. Lots of glaring plot holes.
I thought the same. Although I'd rate it higher than "mediocre". Infinity War was just so much better, IMO. I enjoyed Infinity War so much I paid to watch it twice in the theaters within the same week. Whereas with Endgame I'll end up watching it again, but 5 or 6 months from now when it's available via streaming services.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought the same. Although I'd rate it higher than "mediocre". Infinity War was just so much better, IMO. I enjoyed Infinity War so much a paid to watch it twice in the theaters within the same week. Whereas with Endgame I'll end up watching it again, but 5 or 6 months from now when it's available via streaming services.
I feel exactly the same. I could have done without the extended 3 hour time frame which really put a shit ton of fluff in there that really did nothing but flesh out some back stories. Just sounds like the movie was a going away party than anything intended to set apart a storyline to go forward in the universe

****WHOOOP WHOOOP WHOOOP MAJOR SPOILER HERE!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED****

The part where all the female heroines congregated together on the same spot on the battlefield was the most insipid pandering fucking horseshit I have seen in any of these movies and that is saying a lot.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Best performance of a comic villain on the big screen.

1. Joker from the Dark Knight
2. Thanos

Then there's everyone else.

Am I being too reactionary and being too much of a prisoner of the moment with this opinion?

Am I overlooking someone who gave a superior performance? I can't think of anyone who I gravitated towards more than I did with those two characters.

Top Bottom